Does anybody boat on Texoma anymore? >

Does anybody boat on Texoma anymore?

Notices

Does anybody boat on Texoma anymore?

Old 07-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody boat on Texoma anymore?

This used to be a lively forum for North Texas boaters. Now, 3 or 4 posts a year seems the norm. Surely some performance boats still live in the area. How do we get some interest and excitement back in local boating?
Old 07-09-2016, 10:13 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

DFW boating - the silence is deafening. Many many boat owners but not sportboats. This use to be Baja country but currently is pontoon. wake boats and bass man on the small lakes in the area.

Texoma it use to be a good place for sportboats but seems to have died off with past droughts and last year extreme flooding.

Last edited by BUP; 07-09-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes, the droughts, flooding, and recovering (or not) economy have all served to dampen area boating. With that said, several "sport" boats live here in Fort Worth. These include at least one 36 Nor-Tech cat, an MTI, 45 Cig, 38 Sonic (Met Andy and Monica today) and several others. Why don't we Fort Worth locals try to establish a meet and greet on a local lake (EM, PK, Granbury, etc) one of these weekends to get acquainted and see if we cant start to get a little more excitement in the area. Anybody game?
Old 07-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Seems like the performance boats died a couple of years ago in the area. That's what happens in my opinion when the poker run weekends go away. Even if you don't run the event, the fact that it happens makes people want to have something fast to join in the rally. No reason to have it when there is nobody to run around with.

I plan to make Texoma later in the season when it cools off. I took 5 years off myself and just finished a much smaller project to get my fix for a while.

I'd make a Texoma rally weekend if we can get it organized.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There's usually 4-5 performance boats out on Lewisville each weekend. Not much distance to run, but you can get some nice chop to play in, and with the plethora of 45' to 60'+ cruisers out there, you can usually find some good wakes to play on. These were out Sunday, and that didn't include the 43' Scarab, the 43' Nor Tech or the 35' Cig that are usually out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557189[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Does anybody boat on Texoma anymore?-boats-pc-sunday.jpg  
Old 07-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Registered

I am on lake Texoma nearly every weekend I know of a 36 Eliminator, 6 27 foot Eliminators, a 33 Eliminator, 1 Kachina, 1 Outer Limits, must be at least 20 Baja's, at least 15 Fountains, a few PowerQuest, a few American Offshore, 3 Talons, and I know of 1 Ciggarette and 1 Skater. several Nortech center consoles. So I would Say we have more than a few, But We Could Always Use More!!!!!
Old 07-14-2016, 08:54 AM
BUP
Banned

Thats a 2 second look at LOTO the first 20 yards of the lake. ^^^^^ Had to mess with you.

You can always go to Joe Pool for huge laughs if you are having a bad day. Some of the dumbest boaters breeds at that lake. Especially the boat rentals out on the water.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:06 AM
Registered

Default Texoma

Originally Posted by BUP
Thats a 2 second look at LOTO the first 20 yards of the lake. ^^^^^ Had to mess with you.

You can always go to Joe Pool for huge laughs if you are having a bad day. Some of the dumbest boaters breeds at that lake. Especially the boat rentals out on the water.
Well I don't disagree with you about LOTO but to say we are dead at Texoma is not true. We had a small fun run memorial day weekend with about 40 boats. Hopefully it will grow, the best thing that could happen to Texoma would be for water levels to stabilize for a few years and for Highport Marina and restaurant to sell to someone who knows how to manage it and repair it to its former glory and start promoting it and quit pissing off customers. Its like they just don't care if eat or drink there!!!
Old 07-14-2016, 09:15 AM
BUP
Banned

I hear you but the 90's to mid 2000's it was 1000's of sportboats running around. Times have changed especially in the area hugely. No more poker runs and no more real organized fun runs period has not helped either.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

We were on "C" dock back when 3 consecutive docks had 10+ #6 boats sitting on lifts. Labor Day poker run days were like the races. Loes had 114 octane at the fuel dock. Most good weekends would burn your eyes leaving the marina. Dammn those were the good days!

Last edited by TxHawk; 07-15-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.