Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   South Central US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/south-central-us-225/)
-   -   Storage or Building or Warehouse or Land (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/south-central-us/341055-storage-building-warehouse-land.html)

BUP 09-08-2016 01:01 AM

Storage or Building or Warehouse or Land

Does anyone know of or has anything to rent or buy within means to store boat related items or even the possibility to open up a boat shop or boat dealership. If someone is looking to or a new career for themselves, I would like get rid of a lot of boat inventory related items that I am storing. I would even help you with a start up. If not I would like to move my stuff if the price is right to store it.

Whats out there and where. Does not have to be in the Dallas / Ft Worth area either. Also have boats to store as well in which could be at a different location or the same.

anewway 09-14-2016 03:42 PM

Hi John,

Do you have any Bravo X drives you want to unload? How about an outdrive stand/hoist?

I know King Brother Storage is semi reasonable and lots of different size units for storing big to small boats. I know at one point he had a guy running a repair business out of several units, but I don't know if he is still there.

BUP 09-14-2016 09:49 PM

I am keeping all of my sterndrive related tools, I have Kerr drive holders / installers but will keep that as well. All my new and used Bravo drives went for service repairs from Impact damage, mostly Insurance claims. Last one sold 3 weeks ago, I still have some OEM alpha drives in stock new and used but they are very hard to sell against SEI alpha drives. Actually almost impossible.

I pay storage every month on stuff that collects dust, is doing nothing inwhich I would be way better off just opening up a flow blown dealership again, I actually have enough stuff to fully open up a new location with new parts inventory and accessories, all the special tools for Merc, Volvo, Indmar and PCM plus so much more.

Very dumb to just pay storage on all of this month after month. I should either own something and or open up a full blown dealership again, but I do not want to do all that by myself nor really have the time to even find a place within reason plus enough space for operating.

Employees or finding someone plus where is the hold back and of course reasonable costs for a location. Like I said, a possible opportunity for the right person(s) who WOULD NOT have to go thru the expensive channels of buying into all of this as a new comer and all the related costs of becoming an OEM marine dealership. VERY EXPENSIVE to start at square one start up and very time consuming if you never done it before.

This is the first year in 6, that we had normal lake levels around DFW, great for boating and finally great for boat / marine related businesses. Service work for me was threw the roof . Part sales up as well.

I know King Brothers personally. They rented out a few spots for a small one man band to do service work only. Have no idea if Wes is still working out of that location either. I would nt surprise me if he was not.

anewway 09-22-2016 03:45 PM

Yeah, having the lakes up has brought people out of the woodwork for sure! We even saw Randy out with his 50' Nortec the other day. Of course that stop to say hello took about 30 minutes. lol!

I can imagine how tough it would be to sell alpha drives at this point.

SlingShot220 01-24-2017 09:10 AM

Sir do you by chance have any Alpha-one SS's or CLE Lower units ?

BUP 01-24-2017 07:56 PM

No SS drives as they have been long gone. Just stock alpha gen II new and used outdrives and Used Alpha One --NON gen II drives also have used Volvo Penta SX drives. Sold all the new Volvos to insurance claims the past 2 years

BUP 01-24-2017 08:01 PM

I am still looking for storage or land or even to open a boat shop or boat dealership if the right person(s) would come along. No way I could do this by myself again. I actually did a couple of years ago.. I think the area lake levels will be good again this year.

Keith Atlanta 01-24-2017 08:14 PM

Cant you eBay it? Nice quiet easy income. If you have more than a closet full of parts its too much... Isnt it?

BUP 01-24-2017 08:49 PM

It a lot of stuff - I can turn key a complete not huge but a good size boat dealership. Have all the service tools and all the service manuals for almost everything. Plus parts and more and even used boats. At one time I owned 2 boat dealerships and a small place for used trade ins. Dumbest thing I ever did and put trust in employees - that is the second dumbest thing I ever did.

TruxtonFox 03-07-2017 07:31 AM

So are you looking to open a service center, or are you looking for warehouse storage, or.....?