Nashville and surround area boating information >

Nashville and surround area boating information

Notices

Nashville and surround area boating information

Old 11-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nashville and surround area boating information

Friday is do or die for my transfer to the nashville area for work. The boating there has me worried. Can you guys give me some info on old hickory lake? Will I be happy boating that with my gladiator? What is there to do there? Any big concerns? I see they have a fun run there so it must be at a minimum boatable. Any place to store the boat around there inside on the trailer for a decent price? What other boating opportunities are in the area?
Old 11-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know a lot about boating around Nashville but the city itself is great. Lots of great places to eat and downtown is filled with bars that have live music around the clock. It's a really fun city. In fact, I am heading there at this very minute for the CMA's. Eddie Young (Young Performance) is in MT. Joliet which is very nearby. I'm sure he could give you the lay of the land as far as boating goes. Good luck in Nashville.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went down this last weekend and checked out nashville and south of there where ill be working. Everyone is really nice and it was very fun. Just hard to give up these michigan waters....
Old 11-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

There are a few powerboats on Old Hickory. We've only been for the fun run, and actually didn't get to run very far due to debris. But the hospitality and the raft up/party is definitely enough for us to go back.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

in Nashville you are only about an 1:40 minute tow to Lake Barkley & Kentucky Lake much better boating and you have two huge lakes connected by a canal plus a good number of performance boats on the water. Plenty of marinas for lunch and drinks and large enough you can run you Gladiator WOT for as long as you like, probably run out of gas before you run out of water.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:49 PM
Registered

Can't wait to do that - I've got saddle tanks now! whoo hoo!

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
you can run you Gladiator WOT for as long as you like, probably run out of gas before you run out of water.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
Can't wait to do that - I've got saddle tanks now! whoo hoo!
Don't mean to hijack, but the color on that 42 is fantastic. Think I've seen it posted on FB. Looks great.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Registered

Thanks! ...and you did - TerryandMelanie Martin on FB.

Originally Posted by HyFive578
Don't mean to hijack, but the color on that 42 is fantastic. Think I've seen it posted on FB. Looks great.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:20 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lake Cumberland is only 2-2.5 hours North East of Nashville
Old 03-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Yes, you have Cumberland nearby which is sweet.

I am on Erie, have been to the Fun Run twice and going again this year. It's like boating on a river, I guess it really is a river. You're not going to encounter any Cig/Michigan water. My boat is "slow" down there (95-100mph) because you have cats and fast lake/river boats, flat water besides cruiser wakes. You have to pay attention because there are a lot of people playing in the water, skiing, pontoon boats. It's somewhat scenic and there are places to boat to on the river.

BUT, the area, the people, and the geography is quite nice. I like it down there, not sure if I could live there, but it's a pretty sweet place. You will enjoy it, make sure you do the Fun Run, it's a great time and a good event.

Hit up Chad that puts on the event. He seems like someone you would want to know down there.

<--- this pic was taken there, not sure if that was a wake or a power wheelie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.