Powerboating Near Dallas and Austin? >

Powerboating Near Dallas and Austin?

Notices

Powerboating Near Dallas and Austin?

Old 04-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Went out last night around 7 45 till dark, nice little drive, today was a different story,was windy and can be and the water was pretty rough, stayed out till 10a or so then had enough.

Anyone go out today ?
Old 04-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just looking at the water sat gave me blurry vision. Sun evening wasnt as bad . Going back out fri , supposed to be decent
Old 06-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by airjunky
Just looking at the water sat gave me blurry vision. Sun evening wasnt as bad . Going back out fri , supposed to be decent

Ill be out this Saturday. Was at party cove memorial weekend and not really a fan... no one is really that safe out there and my anchor line almost got chopped several times of people not caring and driving right in front of my boat. We are gonna go a little further under the toll bridge and look for another cove. Also next weekend we will be in a slip starting Saturday morning early. to Sunday evening most likely. When you dry store at Pier 121 they give you 2 weekends a year where you can be on the water. Im pretty excited for that.

Hope to catch you out there.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Registered

Also. Rocking S has terrible reviews on google. Is the food really that bad out there? How about pricing?
Old 06-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasBAJA
Ill be out this Saturday. Was at party cove memorial weekend and not really a fan... no one is really that safe out there and my anchor line almost got chopped several times of people not caring and driving right in front of my boat. We are gonna go a little further under the toll bridge and look for another cove. Also next weekend we will be in a slip starting Saturday morning early. to Sunday evening most likely. When you dry store at Pier 121 they give you 2 weekends a year where you can be on the water. Im pretty excited for that.

Hope to catch you out there.
If you go past the toll bridge, and angle off to the right (east), you will see the Dallas Sail Club straight ahead. Go right from there, and you will see a decent little cove, most people call it Boy Scout, as there used to be a scout camp there. Its a decent place to hang out, not as crazy as PC, and generally more quiet and kid friendly.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by anewway
If you go past the toll bridge, and angle off to the right (east), you will see the Dallas Sail Club straight ahead. Go right from there, and you will see a decent little cove, most people call it Boy Scout, as there used to be a scout camp there. Its a decent place to hang out, not as crazy as PC, and generally more quiet and kid friendly.
Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I believe we saw you out there Memorial weekend. That is a very nice boat you have, assuming that was you.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DallasBAJA
Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I believe we saw you out there Memorial weekend. That is a very nice boat you have, assuming that was you.
Thanks! I was out and about, but we don't get to that side of the lake as much as we used too. Most of my friends have cruisers these days, and they don't like taking the time to cross the lake very often. Just like I don't get on here very often any more, lol
Old 08-08-2017, 09:30 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Has the area lake (s) been busy this year ? I have no idea because I am only out during the weekdays for lake tests of boats.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:17 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Granbury and PK seem to have a steady (not overly packed) group every weekend. Never the same groups though.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Registered

I know it has already been suggested but yo cannot beat Possum Kingdom for a Tx lake. Beautiful water and scenery , and several nice powerboats running around. Always a sweet , green and black MTI 42 running there . Its kinda fast