Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   South Central US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/south-central-us-225/)
-   -   Anyone work on Ford Diesel Trucks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/south-central-us/352194-anyone-work-ford-diesel-trucks.html)

BUP 02-08-2018 12:54 AM

Anyone work on Ford Diesel Trucks

2010 Ford 350 / 6.4 Diesel crew cab 4 x 4. Need a better option and fix for the dumb azz set up --- the cooling hose with plastic adaptions Ford did for connections to the water circ pump. That thing leaks like a shower freaking anti freeze all over place. Prob need a lift to put the truck in the air to help with access. This truck has only 55 K miles on it.

30ftpanther 02-08-2018 10:57 AM

Hey BUP, when my 6.4 hose started leaking i loosened the reservoir cap to prevent pressure in system from pushing coolant out until i got around to replacing it.After replacing hose ( $150.00 for hose ) i ran it for a month pressurized with no leaks then i loosened the cap again to prevent pressure in system and something else failing and pumping coolant in motor. It has been run in the south hard three years like this and i have added about a gallon of coolant in that time. Good luck with your repairs.

BUP 02-08-2018 11:11 AM

what a really dumb design this is plus a hazard dumping toxic anti freeze on the ground. So for now I am parking it on dirt so hopefully no animals or kids get into it. Kind of really stuck cause I need it to move boats around also.

speicher lane 02-08-2018 01:06 PM

Just throwing this out there b/c I don't know the 6.4 cooling hose arrangements. Have you looked at aftermarket Silicone hoses? They aren't cheap but do last and some of the kits do delete some mfg'rs plastic junk fittings?

30ftpanther 02-08-2018 01:08 PM

My 08 6.4 hose had one o ring per end the replacement from Ford has two o rings per end, i don't know if yours has one or two o rings at each end.

BUP 02-08-2018 02:53 PM

thinking about using marine corrugated cooling hose that I can bend the paths that is needed for the correct route. By far is alot more durable than than the junk crap Ford used. Surprised the EPA does not have a federal recall on all those hose adaptions. I google it and freaking many and I mean many have leak over time --- some within a year but those were covered under warranty.

EPA is worried about marine engines having cats for emission control but yet crap like this goes on with no concern.

Brandonb_05 02-09-2018 12:17 AM

Best fix is to trade up to a Duramax....... Sorry I couldn't resist. Just messing with you

class6 02-09-2018 06:31 AM

Just wait till your EGR housing carbons up solid.

minxguy 02-09-2018 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by BUP (Post 4609139)
what a really dumb design this is plus a hazard dumping toxic anti freeze on the ground. So for now I am parking it on dirt so hopefully no animals or kids get into it. Kind of really stuck cause I need it to move boats around also.

Most anti-freezes have a "bittering" agent blended to help with the sweet taste so just maybe the animal or child will just spit it out.

Ken

sonicss42 02-09-2018 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by minxguy (Post 4609344)
Most anti-freezes have a "bittering" agent blended to help with the sweet taste so just maybe the animal or child will just spit it out.

Ken

I guess they'll be putting that bittering agent in Tide Pods soon.