Quality Fiberglass Work

Notices

Quality Fiberglass Work

Old 05-10-2017, 10:57 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Quality Fiberglass Work

Who is doing quality real boat fiberglass work around the DFW -- Texas area ??? and at a semi reasonable prices ? The guy I was using just retired. I have seen many glass repairs and IMO our area really offers sub average glass work and freaking way over priced for the quality of repair. Anyone have leads even within 200 miles from Arlington TX Thanks
Old 05-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I have heard good things about Johson's fiberglass repair in Burleson. In full disclosure I have not used them. Just have buddies that like to run their bass boats into stuff that said they were good.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Doug Chaddick at NW Fiberglass in Montgomery, TX (Lake Conroe) (936)448-7803....He is about 220 miles from Arlington but does great work and stays busy. He has my Scarab right now polishing it up for this season.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi1979
I have heard good things about Johson's fiberglass repair in Burleson. In full disclosure I have not used them. Just have buddies that like to run their bass boats into stuff that said they were good.
I used Johnson's Fiberglass to repair 2 chips on a boat and the job they did was piss poor. They seem to only care and do good jobs on the high dollar insurance claim jobs.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go see Alan at 121. Chris has a new shop up in Sanger has been getting a lot of good feedback , and they do fiber reinforced composite (painted plastic) also. At 455 and 35north .
Text me some price examples and I'll see if Alan can match it ,I'll be over there all week
Old 07-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Shane at FiberTec Marine at Grand Lake in Oklahoma does fantastic work.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:02 AM
BUP
Banned

Still in Texas have not found a glass shop worth 2 cents to do a job right nor any quality work period. I had an extremely bad dealing with Hitech Fiberglass in Willis Texas. He was a referral to me and I referred him to a customer of mine whom took his boat to Donnie at Hi Tech Fiberglass back in Oct 2017.

This jackoff drug induced white trash thief does really poor work and took 9 months to do a transom job that was not done. He ended up thick grey epoxy coated over the soft transom wood instead of replacing the transom. Gave my customer excuse after excuse why the boat was not done. For months never answered the phone nor heard anything. Was told he went to jail in May / June prob for a warrant and or drugs

When my customer finally went to pick up the boat the $500 semi custom cover was missing. the boat sat out for 9 straight months uncovered and so forth in all the weather thru out since Oct 2017 thru July 2018

Here is this worthless POS info.

Donnie @ HI Tech fiberglass or HiTech fiberglass
12096 Hilltop Drive
Willis Texas 77318

Cell / Biz Phone --- 713 - 540 - 6445

Another kicker here 4 months for the excuse was waiting on OEM match gunwale carpet to match the OEM floor carpet. This jackoff installed home depot outdoor carpet glued to gunwales when it was all said and done after 9 months as he told my customer the carpet was finally in to be installed.

I seen the work in person a couple weeks ago --- after my customer finally went to go pick up the boat when he was told its done. Since Feb 2018 I kept telling my customer call the police and go pick up your boat. I washed my hands of all this in March - by telling my customer your boat not mine. Do with it what you want to. Im done period. Why should I care. I ONLY passed on the referral to my customer. HE drove the boat down to WIllis TX --- Donnie's place and worked out a deal to do all related transom and glass work - then left it. Again this Oct 2017 the boat was dropped off.

I will post pics of the job later down the road.

Last edited by BUP; 08-12-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Man......it's been like 10 years since I've posted on this forum, but this thread reeled me in. I'll give a shout out to Colorpros by Lake Murray in Oklahoma. The Fiberglass Repair Professional of Oklahoma-Texas It's only a 2 hour drive from Arlington area. I've used him twice and was happy with the service both times. Once to repair some busted gelcoat on stringers by transom area and fix a broken tab on bulkhead of engine bay (28 Apache). I also used him to fix my Pioneer bay boat that had pretty bad hull damage where the bow under water line hit the axle or something. Both fixed ilke it never happened. Saw a lot of fishing guide boats up there as well, which is usually a good sign their happy. He has done some extensive projects as well. Pricing was reasonable.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:16 PM
BUP
Banned

Please read and share and pass around my info from POST # 7 -

These dopers need to be in JAIL

Thanks
Old 09-26-2018, 04:21 PM
BUP
Banned

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/Se...t?Sid=08725511

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And listed under the exact same address as the fiberglass biz is this huge credit to the community. Wonderful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.