DFW Engine Builders >

DFW Engine Builders

Notices

DFW Engine Builders

Old 11-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW Engine Builders

Looking for reputable marine engine builder in the Fort Worth or North Central Tx area. Time to repower and looking for twin 500 ish HP big blocks. Considered ordering the 540 mags but want to consider all options . Boat currently has basic 330hp 454s .
Old 11-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Derebery Performance Marine around Lake Texoma.

Might try Speedtrek Performance in Haltom City.

Boyd's Racing Engines in Norman, OK

I've not had any experience having them do any engine work for me, but have known people who have had good experiences with all three.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:31 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

the start of a good foundation is needed and a really super good machine shop is needed plus a guy whom handles / port heads very well. The only one I would mess with would be Reher & Morrison in the North Texas area.

With that said --- All my stuff goes outside of Texas for all machine work and the heads and any bottom end related.. Let me know if I could help out . Marine apps is the only thing I do plus actually a pretty darn good rigger. marine set up and marine diagnostics. .I have been helping out a bit with the guys whom own the Lavey Craft 28 race boat. Currently they are in Key West - I could not make that race but hopefully the OPA next following weekend if they go.

Last edited by BUP; 11-08-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok so I just did this with Kim Barr Racing engines he built me a 515, dyno at 586hp and 611 tq @ 5300, I'm using H beam rods, JE pistons, cam profile cloese to the 731 @ 114 lsa, AFR heads (anodized) 305 ported to Victor intake, However, I'm trying EFI Holley Sniper on it. had to have riser modified but so far all is good. Kim also built my 1970 Cuda 383 motor, stock bottom end with Indy heads made 458hp.

Kim Barr is only a machine shop/builder will not pull motors or install.

Good luck,
Old 01-28-2019, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default north tx rigger

need rigger to install 2 540s and 2 TRS drive units Fort Worth area.

Last edited by Bark3rd; 01-29-2019 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:31 AM
BUP
Banned

Thanks for the PM. I would have to look at the project in hand and what you have going on plus hopefully all is in good shape on your end. Also I would have to make sure everything was done correctly before I would install anything period. This insures that for yourself and my work its all done once and correctly inwhich overall is LESS money out your pocket in the long run.

Im not like the person whom measures twice and cuts once, but I am the person whom measures 8 times and cuts once. I also do not perform rush jobs nor give out quick timeframes. I am picky as H ell and known to find issues that many have missed in the past. Hard to recommend anyone in the area as most are pontoon / bass boat / wakeboard services / Sea Ray entry level stuff and then we have the craigslist tech for 40 bucks hour and or the jack of all trades MASTER OF NONE. Many of those around in DFW.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

May be far away. I used Mark Boos Precision Marine in Louisiana, he does his own machine work and is a very reputable builder. I don’t think he will pull or install.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Have any of you Texas guys heard of an engine performance machine shop, named "Coverts Racing Engines" or "Culverts Racing Engines" or something to that effect somewhere in the Dallas, Texas area or surrounding areas in Texas? I am not sure on the spelling of the shop name. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:01 PM
BUP
Banned

https://www.waynecalvertengines.com/

old school old timer stuff. Just my opinion. not forming an opinion one way or another wanted to be very clear about that.

Last edited by BUP; 02-01-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Thank you, Sir.....I had finally found them before your response. Btw, I understand your what you're saying. I know of a person who had some machine work done on his mild/non-radical NA engines there by Calvert's shop in Denton, Texas. I was able to speak with them today and had to do some fact finding. They were very friendly and helpful and are a full-service machine shop that does everything except for crank grinding------anyway, thank you again for responding.