marco island info >

marco island info

Notices

marco island info

Old 12-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default marco island info

hello , i am planning to trailer my boat to marco on saturday december 29 and stay on boat over night .
does anyone know where the best ramp is to but boat in the water ?
or the best place to anchor over night is ?
and if anyone want's to meet up that would be great
thank's
mike
Old 12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikebrls
hello , i am planning to trailer my boat to marco on saturday december 29 and stay on boat over night .
thank's
mike
Mike,

You may want to get in touch with the Ft Myers Offshore boys. I can put you in touch with Bob, the owner of Predator, he has a place on Marco, and will be doing a Funrun on New years Day if your around. I went on a run with them last month, great group of guys.

Rick
Old 12-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

rick ,sounds good .
call me
954-709-7191
mike
Old 12-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

Check some Fort Myers Offshore threads for the ramp ideas but the one off of 951 just before the bridge onto Marco would suit your needs. Catch it while the tide isn't running, because it is difficult to launch / retreive when the tide's moving due to the strong current.

The city ramp in Naples should also work fine for you; however, I think Naples gets pretty snotty with people who drop anchor & stay on their boats overnight; not 100% sure about that, though.

Worse comes to worse, you could head down to Keewaydin Island between Naples & Marco and throw the anchor and stay overnight there.

My advice to you would be to buy a GPS that shows depths if you don't have one already. The waters around Naples / Marco are VERY shallow and leave very little room for error, even at a decent tide.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not intent to hi-jack but anyone have any suggestions for places to play on water with dockage around there? Live in Tampa area and would like to go to Marco area with boat for long weekend. Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered

rick ,sounds good .
call me
954-709-7191
mike
Mike,

I'll give ya a call this afternoon.

RIck
Old 12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

thank's
mike
Hello Mike. And welcome to Marco Island .... when you get here. The 951 ramp was mentioned but if you are leaving your truck and trailer overnight, you may want to consider Calusa Island Yacht Club in Goodland. Lots of secure storage there. Their phone number is 239-394-2076. They also have some transient docks and their rate is $2.25 /ft. To get there take US 41 and turn towards Marco Island on SR 92. Immediately after you cross the Marco River bridge turn left onto a winding road to Goodland. ( one mile ). Your first driveway on your right will take you into the Marina.
While Calusa Island YC may be the best place to launch, a better place to stay the night would be the Marco River Marina. ( no ramp but they do have a Travellift ) Their phone number is 239-394-1034. Dockmaster is Bruce. Their rate is also $2.25 / ft. Good docks and it is on the Island and closer to "the action " ! LOL
Just so you know high tide on the Marco River on the 29th is not until 5:34 in the afternoon and low tide at 11:05 am. Also a word of caution that you must follow your charts closely around here. Be aware that the markers in the river change at the 951 ( Collier Blvd. bridge )
I would be happy to meet you and help any way I can. Just give me a call. Bob 239 776 0481.
Also you are welcome to join us for our New Years Day fun run if you are still in tha area and if it works for you.
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-18-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Registered

Thank's everyone for your help .
from what i hear is that it is very shallow water over there
i think i am going to wait until i can get a few people together that know the area and then plan a trip over . im only like 2.5 hour's from marco at the most " i think "
so maybe sometime in january we could get a group together and do some cruising around and of course rafting up at the end of the day .
thank's
mike
Old 12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered

Hi Mike,
I know we spoke on the phone. Can you be around for the New years Fun run. Try. I am up in the air with my schedule. but am trying to attend. If good and you want to launch up in the Cape Coral/Fort Myers area. We can hook up.
I may have to work in Vero on new years day so that weekend maybe good time to hook up.
Feel free to post you SW fl questions in the Ft Myers offshore area. There is a big naples/marco group that can assist. The folks that posted here are a great group of guys.
I
'll give you a call later this week.
Dennis