Notices

91 Octane on water in Tampa Bay area

Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Octane on water in Tampa Bay area

Hello everyone,
I am trying to get a list of marinas that carry 91 or higher octane from Sarasota north to Hudson including Tampa Bay.
Thanks for your help, Mike
Old 03-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Not many do Mike. The place I go to and the closest to us is O'Neills Marina. You have to go all the way down the bay under the Misner bridge hang a right at the 1st set of markers and go up a mile or so to O'Neills. It is right by I-275 before the tolls to the Skyway.

Further up the intracoastal you can get 93 octane at Bay Pines and also at Don's Dock on Treasure Island. That is it all the way to New Port Richey that I know of.

Wait till you see the prices on the water for 93!!!! O'Neills has by far the best prices though.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Not many do Mike. The place I go to and the closest to us is O'Neills Marina. You have to go all the way down the bay under the Misner bridge hang a right at the 1st set of markers and go up a mile or so to O'Neills. It is right by I-275 before the tolls to the Skyway.

Further up the intracoastal you can get 93 octane at Bay Pines and also at Don's Dock on Treasure Island. That is it all the way to New Port Richey that I know of.

Wait till you see the prices on the water for 93!!!! O'Neills has by far the best prices though.
Is O'neills 91 or 93? Do you know what the price is right now? I might be better off pulling the boat out when it is empty and filling up on land. The past 2 boats were too big to do that with. But now that I drive the truck I am going to buy a trailer with this boat.That is right where we go boating 90% of the time. We tend to go to Shell Island in Tierra Verde so we go right by that Marina. I am thinking that the 32 must have a range of at least 400 miles if I kept it around 45-50 mph.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Is O'neills 91 or 93? Do you know what the price is right now? I might be better off pulling the boat out when it is empty and filling up on land. The past 2 boats were too big to do that with. But now that I drive the truck I am going to buy a trailer with this boat.That is right where we go boating 90% of the time. We tend to go to Shell Island in Tierra Verde so we go right by that Marina. I am thinking that the 32 must have a range of at least 400 miles if I kept it around 45-50 mph.
O'Neill's is 93. The price is usually around 30 cents higher than on land. If you get the 300 Verado's you can run whatever you want 89-93 and you will not notice any performance difference. I can't hardly tell any difference between 89-93 with my 275's and I hear the 300's are even more tolerable with octane changes
Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

O'Neill's is 93. The price is usually around 30 cents higher than on land. If you get the 300 Verado's you can run whatever you want 89-93 and you will not notice any performance difference. I can't hardly tell any difference between 89-93 with my 275's and I hear the 300's are even more tolerable with octane changes
I think I had read that Glen did the same speed with 89 and lost like half mpg with his new 300s. Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just called a couple of marinas and they are getting $3.99-$4.15 for 89 octane. O'Neills seems like a steal at $3.79 for 93 octane. It is scary to say the word steal and $3.79 in the same sentence. I guess this will be our future in the fun world of gas prices.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Just called a couple of marinas and they are getting $3.99-$4.15 for 89 octane. O'Neills seems like a steal at $3.79 for 93 octane. It is scary to say the word steal and $3.79 in the same sentence. I guess this will be our future in the fun world of gas prices.
Trust me I have called and/or driven to all the local marinas from Sarasota to New Port Richey and O'Neills is the best.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Trust me I have called and/or driven to all the local marinas from Sarasota to New Port Richey and O'Neills is the best.
How are the docks there? In good shape or do you worry about messing the boat up every time?
Old 03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered

Docking at O'Neills is fine, calm water but small docks...I take up 1 whole side!
Old 03-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Docking at O'Neills is fine, calm water but small docks...I take up 1 whole side!
I guess we would not have gotten the 47 in there...

Quick Reply: 91 Octane on water in Tampa Bay area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.