Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Southeast US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us-243/)
-   -   Anna Maria Island (Boat Rentals) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us/220689-anna-maria-island-boat-rentals.html)

CIG3 11-30-2009 05:18 PM

Anna Maria Island (Boat Rentals)

Looking to rent small boat while we're in Anna Maria Island for Christmas . Anyone know of a good place?

tms1155 11-30-2009 06:22 PM

Theres a place right on Cortez Rd. just before you go over the bridge to anna marie island on the right side.(Southern bridge)They have deck boats, pontoons and jet ski's.

bigboat28 11-30-2009 06:55 PM

CIG3 we were there in June. It was our first time we usually go to Destin. We had a blast boating down there, we went all over the place by boat. We took a boat with us and used it every day.

CIG3 12-01-2009 05:53 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look the place up when we get into town. Just trying to get info. before hand. Not much on line in the way of boat rental places.

Didn't really want to haul the Cigarette down there as she is away for the wonderful Ohio winter.

We spent last year on Siesta Key which was pretty nice and relaxing. Everyone says that Anna Maria in even better. Cannot wait.

CIG3 12-01-2009 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by tms1155 (Post 2998569)
Theres a place right on Cortez Rd. just before you go over the bridge to anna marie island on the right side.(Southern bridge)They have deck boats, pontoons and jet ski's.

Found it. Cortez Watercraft Rental. Thanks

CIG3 12-05-2009 01:52 PM

Found a guy on line. Bradenton Boat Rental. Has a 23' Monterey Cuddy. Has a deal going right now for $245.00 for the day plus fuel. The kicker is he brings the boat to the local ramp in your area. Pete 941-708-3405

tms1155 12-05-2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by CIG3 (Post 3001254)
Found a guy on line. Bradenton Boat Rental. Has a 23' Monterey Cuddy. Has a deal going right now for $245.00 for the day plus fuel. The kicker is he brings the boat to the local ramp in your area. Pete 941-708-3405

I just found this same one on sarasota/bradenton craig list with pics of it if you want to look at it. Looks like a rent from home type thing, you better check his insurance coverage.

CIG3 12-06-2009 05:01 AM

Decent Web-site. www.bradentonboatrental.com I'm looking into things further.

noyzee 12-07-2009 08:51 AM

Siesta Key is very nice where you on the gulf side?
my dad has a home in anna maria, he is accually on the little island off anna marria calld holmes beach, and its accually a little island off holmes beach called key royal he is on ambassador lane. very nice little place to drive through, some very nice homes, nice little 9 hole par 3 golf course. very nice.
where are you staying? i can give you some real good info on places to go. by boat or by car.
there is a boat ramp on i think its 63rd street that will bring you out into a great spot, you can go by boat through bimmini bay and out that way, or shoot right out from the boat ramp.
if you go through bimmini bay on your way out the mouth to the left is Galati yacht. its a big dealer for some super nice boat. usually alot of Viking, Riviera's, hatts etc. worth a trip by boat or car to see the yatchs. on your way by that is Rottin ralphs restraunt. tie up to the deck and get a clam chowda and fish and chips. its the best!!!
from there go out to the left and you can go around the tip of anna maria out to the gulf, or shoot over towards egmont key. go to the back side. the front side has turn into a bird show and stinks some times. the back side is like being on a caribian island!!! straight out of bimmini bay is the sky way, shoot under that and up a few miles is st pete. go into st pete and go to the peir. there is public docking in the way back. its very cheep, like 10 bucks for the day. there is a trollie to bring you down the peir. shopping and food like you read about. the hot sause place (if you like hot sause) has the best stuff out there!! i make Buffalo wings all the time!!

go to the right out of bimmini and head down toward Mannite bridge. go under the bridge towards cortez. right at the boat rental place you saw (i wouldnt rent a boat from them, kind of dumpy place) but right there is Sea food shack, tie up there for a great Mahi, blacked is how i get it!! keep heading down towards long boat bridge, thats the hot spot. there is a couple sand bars that are usually pretty packed in the spring and warm winter days. keep going down to marina jacks, another great stop.
i could go for hours!!!!
fast eddies peir is a must for a lunch!! take a walk down the peir and sit for lunch, the view is unreal (drive there, dont take the boat. no good tie up)
if you want any info at all. pm me, ive been going there since 1987.
get the boat for more then one day, its the best boating you will ever do!!!!!!! if you need a tour, let me know. if my old man is there he has a 25 outlaw he can show you around. keep an eye out for him. 25 outlaw (Go Nuts) or his 37 Riviera (Bitter Sweet) if you see him, pull up, he always has cold beer and willing to share!!
sorry for the ramble, i love it there!!!! im going in april for the st pete poker run

CIG3 12-07-2009 06:51 PM

We'll be on Coconut Ave, on Anna Maria. Couple blocks north of the SandBar. three houses from the beach. I'm already getting my handheld GPS loaded up with some of your suggestions. WE may to a couple days of boating. The kids are all excited to see dolphins and manatee. If you know of any hot spots for them that would be great. The Seafood Shack is a must stop. My wife is a Mahi nut.

Thanks