Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Southeast US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us-243/)
-   -   Lake Worth, Fl. Where to go with boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us/222272-lake-worth-fl-where-go-boat.html)

Ike79 01-05-2010 01:32 PM

Lake Worth, Fl. Where to go with boat?

Me, my girlfriend and two friends are coming to Florida feb/7 2010. We have my 26 foot Wellcraft waiting for us at Lake Worth. I have never been on boat in Florida, except twice on Jungle Queen =),and I am a boating newbie anyway. So what do local guys think, any recommendations where to go and what to do?
How long run it will be from Lake worth to Ft. Lauderdale airport (To griffin road and I-95 intersection) thru ICW?
I have heard and read from this forum that Banana boat an Two georges are worth to visit. Is there any sense to go to Miami boat show with boat, where to park?
Thanks in advance.

happy hours 01-05-2010 07:54 PM

Peanut Island by the Blue Heron Bridge is a cool hangout from what I know. (live on west coast, but traileed boat there last summer.

Keith Atlanta 01-05-2010 09:35 PM

The Miami boat show is the following weekend (13th & 14th) From Lake worth it would be a 3+ hour trip to Miami on the ICWW. I wouldnt even try it without GPS in your boat... I dont think it would be fun unless you got out of the inlet and you had decent sea's to get down there.

Key Lime is right there on Lake Worth about 1.5 miles north of Banana Boat & Two Georges (just to the left before you go under the bridge) You can go a little further south and park at the former Bushes restaurant and walk around in Delray on Atlantic. Then 2-3 miles south is Boca Inlet & Boca Lake. A mile south of that is The Cove (bar) then 3 miles more and you hit Lighthouse Point & Ft Lauderdale. If you hit ALL of those bars you may as well call it a day cause you;ll be wasted. FYI - watch the no wake zones south of Boca - they are strict.

From Lake Worth it will take an 1.5hrs to get to Lighthouse Point in the ICWW.

Send us a PM - We might be out and I can show you these places, we'll be there anyway.

rchevelle71 01-08-2010 01:35 PM

Exactly what KeithAtlanta said, yup, let us know we may be around also.

Ike79 01-08-2010 02:10 PM

Sounds like a plan to me. Iīll let you know when we are around. Just cantīt wait to get there. By the way is there many No Wake zones at ICW south from Lake Worth. And are they marked somehow in nautical maps?

TeamTaboo 01-08-2010 04:48 PM

Yes Just keep your eyes on the channel markers and you should be OK

Ike79 02-02-2010 02:34 PM

Four more days...
Any ideas where to buy insurance for one month?
Non US citizen / not even US resident. My local insurance companies in Finland refused to sell one.

rchevelle71 02-02-2010 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ike79 (Post 3037139)
Four more days...
Any ideas where to buy insurance for one month?
Non US citizen / not even US resident. My local insurance companies in Finland refused to sell one.

OUCH, thats gonna hurt.

Got your PM, I will be around, but the boat may be in pieces, let me know whats up, and maybe we can meet up somewhere by land.

Rick

Ike79 02-16-2010 09:42 PM

Insurance problem is solveld and boat is at marina. We have allredy been at West palm, FT lauderdale and Miami.

-Ilkka

Keith Atlanta 02-16-2010 10:24 PM

Cool, will you be around this weekend?

rchevelle71 - are you going to be around this weekend?