Lake Lanier VS Lake of the Ozarks >

Lake Lanier VS Lake of the Ozarks

Notices

Lake Lanier VS Lake of the Ozarks

Old 07-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Lanier VS Lake of the Ozarks

Hi All- I have a question. I have some friends that want me to come visit them at Lake Lanier. I have a place at Lake of the Ozarks and really would like them to come visit me. Lanier is very nice but I think they would enjoy LOTO even more. What do you guys think? I have never boated at Lanier. I dont think they have bars or restrurants on the water? Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

We now call Lake Lanier our home but have been to LOTO many times in years past.

But, both lakes have their pros and cons.

Loto is bigger and you can burn alot of gas going one direction if you want to and they have quite a few more bars/restaurants. Deep water which is a bit on the murky side and not really any islands to get lost in or around or to call your own for the day.

lake lanier is still a good size lake and you can burn some gas here as well. The fingers of lanier are not as long as LOTO.
The south end is pretty much where all the action is at.
Water is deep and really clean and clear compared to LOTO! There are alot of times where I dont even have to wipe any sort of scum line off the boat after being out all day!
There are a few bars and restaurants and we have had a blast down here so far. Tons of islands in which you need to be somewhat careful of where you go but the plus side is if you want to pull up to a beach area and call the island your own for the day or whole night you can which is also a good time.

We had all our friends from IL that we go to LOTO with every year for the past 6 years down here a couple weeks ago and they loved it!

We will do a Loto trip again but you would have a great time here as well.

I believe we are going to alternate trips every other year.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Thank you for the info. Sounds like I need to head on down! I also lived in Lawerencevill, Ga and Lilburn and Stone Mt. and Snellville, ect. Went to West Georgia.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

LOTO is MORE fun but Lanier is a better lake. I lived on Lanier for 12 years and I miss it everyday.

I've been to LOTO a few times and never leave without a hangover.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

Never been to LOTO. I have spent yrs on Lake Erie and Lake Norman (outside CLT). We boat on Lake Lanier now.

Here is my pro's and con's when baselining against Erie and Norman:

Pro's:
* Can find your OWN island
* Water is clear, warm and deep
* Not too crowded
* The party spot (Sunset Cove) is as good as it gets

Con's:
* Two water front bars/places to eat (Fish Tales and Sunset Cove). This is amazing considering the length of season and the amount of boaters.
* Far from the city (We live pretty close to city - LKN was exit 16 off 77 and the city was exit 6. Solid hr to get to boat now)
* Rack storing is crazy over priced (100% more for same service compared to the Erie and LKN)

Mike
Old 07-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
LOTO is MORE fun but Lanier is a better lake. I lived on Lanier for 12 years and I miss it everyday.

I've been to LOTO a few times and never leave without a hangover.
Now that you mention it, I dont think we have every left LOTO without being severly hung over either!

the house we always rented down there was within crawling distance of the Horney Toad and Shady Gators!

There is a picture of a bunch of us on a john deere Gator going full speed down one of the docks at Toad complex and I still have no recolection of that little stunt!