Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Is S Florida boating better on the east coast or the west coast. >

Is S Florida boating better on the east coast or the west coast.

Notices

Is S Florida boating better on the east coast or the west coast.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I really appreciate all of your opinions, I have spent some time on the East Coast, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Miami, Vero Beach, but not a single day on the West Coast. I had a fellow tell me that the West Coast is really shallow, and I may get in trouble over there !
What else is new, a little trouble here and there keeps boating really interesting.
I'm running around in a 292 Formula that seems to be fine in fairly shallow water.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All jokes aside...you can't go wrong with either one. I honestly look forward to trailering mine over to Sarasota-Bradenton as well as Marco and do a bit of exploring.

I wouldn't worry about the water depth...read your charts and know where you are with your chart plotter...stay in marked channels and you will be fine.

I took my Sea Ray 390 all the way up to Panama City and back across Lake O and up the West Coast...inside and outside. Quite a trip and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I just did many places on both coasts and some inbetween.
My vote is Gulf side.
It is like saying is Lobster or Scallops better tho... Go to both as much as possible! Didn't mention the keys but you can do both sides there
Old 03-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like both sides, but Y'all forgot about the keys DUH
Old 03-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered

I trailered my boat down to Englewood last month and went to Tampa and back than to Ft myers, Marco's and all of the surrounding areas. I will not make that trip again. Between the no wake zones and the 25 mph zones and covering the normal operation zones in about 10 minutes or less and all the shallow areas and I mean alot of shallow areas. The gulf itself is wide open and deep but after awhile you don't even realize where you are headed for all the huge wide open water. On a scale of 1 - 10, (6)
Old 03-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Florida boating

I just spent a week in Panama city, WOW what a great boating sopt. No noise cops, crystal clear water, 80 degrees. Plenty of day trip destinations. Ran the "ditch" from panama to destin. Ive never seen anchoring in the surf and swimming to the most amazing beach ever! 1-2' surf and crystal clear water. We will go back.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

How is the boating around Coco Beach area? Looks like I may need to move to Orlando, so I think that would be the closest.

Would be trailering and have a small fountain.

Thanks,
Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
How is the boating around Coco Beach area? Looks like I may need to move to Orlando, so I think that would be the closest.

Would be trailering and have a small fountain.

Thanks,
It's actually very good. Merritt Island and the Banana River are nice plus you can always run up I-4 to Daytona. Daytona has a nice area around Ponce Inlet that is a big hangout on the weekends.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

What would b a good ramp to use, going to start looking for a house to rent tomorrow
I have 2 days to find one.

Thanks

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 03-28-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
What would b a good ramp to use, going to start looking for a house to rent tomorrow
I have 2 days to find one.

Thanks
pm Dean Ferry he lives there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.