Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Southeast US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us-243/)
-   -   floridas west coast (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/southeast-us/291358-floridas-west-coast.html)

activator40 02-10-2013 12:52 PM

floridas west coast

Can someone on the west coast tell me if naples or fmb is better for performance boating or is your recommendation in another area? also, any good repair shops around those areas?? I mean good shops,not someone who is gonna experiment on my boat till they get it right..

Beak Boater 02-11-2013 01:15 PM

I live in Cape Coral, just outside Ft. Myers, their are a few performance boats around not many. Their is an Offshore club in the Naples/Ft Myers area that do several runs. Go down to Club section at the bottom and post in the Ft. Myers club. They will steer you in the right direction.

activator40 02-11-2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Beak Boater (Post 3865261)
I live in Cape Coral, just outside Ft. Myers, their are a few performance boats around not many. Their is an Offshore club in the Naples/Ft Myers area that do several runs. Go down to Club section at the bottom and post in the Ft. Myers club. They will steer you in the right direction.

Thank you

Maritime_Eng 02-11-2013 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by activator40 (Post 3864734)
Can someone on the west coast tell me if naples or fmb is better for performance boating or is your recommendation in another area? also, any good repair shops around those areas?? I mean good shops,not someone who is gonna experiment on my boat till they get it right..

What kind of work do you need done on your boat? Depending on what it is we have a few good marinas here. There are alot of perfromance boats in this area, you just have to know where to look.

Crude Intentions 02-11-2013 11:33 PM

I live in cape also. You see em but not like when I lived in MD. I love the warm weather so I'm staying. On my way out of my canal there is a fountain and a Baja I think. Never see those 2 leave the lift. I'm too slow for the fmo club. I top out at their cruise speeds. Hahaha

outlawten5 02-12-2013 01:20 AM

Hill marine in Ft. Myers has alot of experience in performance boats. Former racers with a very good reputation in this area.

Maritime_Eng 02-12-2013 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin (Post 3865707)
I'm too slow for the fmo club. I top out at their cruise speeds. Hahaha

So not true, I use to have a 272 Formula, that is a great boat that can cruise at 50 to 55 all day long. You would fit in better than you think. Come out for one of the intercostal runs and see.

Maritime_Eng 02-12-2013 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by outlawten5 (Post 3865720)
Hill marine in Ft. Myers has alot of experience in performance boats. Former racers with a very good reputation in this area.

Yep Lenny Hill is very good.

Other Marina's in the area:
Offshore Performance (Fort Myers)
Page Marine (Fort Myers)
Marine Specalties (Cape Coral)
Snook Bight Marine (Fort Myers Beach)

There are many others but these are all good.

Crude Intentions 02-12-2013 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng (Post 3865744)
So not true, I use to have a 272 Formula, that is a great boat that can cruise at 50 to 55 all day long. You would fit in better than you think. Come out for one of the intercostal runs and see.

I appreciate it maritime but 50-55 is near top speed. Avg top speed is 58. Best of 63 once on a cool day. Comfy cruise is 40. It's only small blocks. I might try to come out for 1 but I'm also very limited on time as I work 28 days on and 14 off. So scheduling is also a problem with fmo only having a few runs a year.

skaterdave 02-12-2013 10:37 AM

you should try 3 wks on and 1 off for scheduling.

as for speed and keeping up, i wouldn't worry, everyone has there own version of cruising speed. plus most don't go that fast, they don't wanna spill their drinks .........hahaha