Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Re-locate to Orlando?? Where do I live? >

Re-locate to Orlando?? Where do I live?

Notices

Re-locate to Orlando?? Where do I live?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re-locate to Orlando?? Where do I live?

With all the budget cutting there's a chance my wife may be relocating to Orlando airport she is an ATC. Where should we look to live? We love the beach love boating she's not afraid of a little commute. My parents have a house in Naples FL so we have a spot to go on weekends. Daughter is 2 son 4 where is best to live? Thank You
Old 03-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

If you like the beach and she doesn't mind the drive, look on Merrit Island, easy drive to the airport on the 528.

You didn't say what you do?

As for weekends in Naples, that is a bit of a drive depending on what your weekend is.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Registered

Wife's Air Traffic Controller, I have an Asphalt Company. We do mostly Parking Lot Maintenance. It's all maybes now but just need to plan ahead.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
If you like the beach and she doesn't mind the drive, look on Merrit Island, easy drive to the airport on the 528.

You didn't say what you do?

As for weekends in Naples, that is a bit of a drive depending on what your weekend is.
+1 or Cocoa Beach...strait shot to Orlando International on SR 528.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Registered

Thank you, any parts of cocoa or Merritt that are less desirable? Home prices vary greatly. Thank You
Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any thing close to the Military bases (Patrick AFB, Canaveral Air Station) tend to be low end. Most places close to the beach or on the ICW tend to be pricey. If you're not on the water though you may as well live in Orlando...which isn't bad. Just be prepared that the traffic in and around Orlando and the attractions is as bad as it gets anywhere.

My advice is that if she does relocate...rent a place for a year to get a feel for the area. It's so diverse that it's difficult to favor one particular area over another.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Registered

Great Thank You we take the kids to Disney often so next time well take a ride over. Good gated communities in Orlando 330k and under?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can get into some gated communities for less than 200K... We were hit hard when the housing market collpased. I have been in some communities that are nice, and less than half occupied. My GF works next to the airport, and we live NE of orlando. Takes her about 45 minutes to get to work.

Look in the Lake Nona area, they are building a huge medical facility there for NEMOURS, as well as UCF. There are a few gated communities in that area, and its real close to the airport. You can get houses into the millions in the area. You can also look in the bay hill area, also nice, not as many gated communities but you are also REAL close to the tourist area.. Personally I HATE the tourist areas, but they are a nessisary evil for us. Also look into Baldwin park, newer redeveloped area that used to be a military base, they demolished the entire area and built everything new. Stay FAR FAR FAR away from anything around Orange Blossom trail, pine hills(crime hills), Azalea park, SR436/semoran blvd on the south end from SR50(the road that leads into the airport) and the vicinities of them.

PM me if you want and Ill give you my cell number..
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Registered

Hit hard is a understatement we live by alafya trail (far east side) and did a search.

Something like 290 foreclosures within a 5 mile circle. 330k will get you a lot of home but be sure you want to live here for a while.

Lake Nona will also be getting a new VA hospital, the current one is by Baldwin park.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Registered

What part in NE Orlando?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.