Fort Lauderdale/Miami to Key West >

Fort Lauderdale/Miami to Key West

Notices

Fort Lauderdale/Miami to Key West

Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Lauderdale/Miami to Key West

Hey guys, I'm posting with an odd inquiry, and probably a little far fetched. My friend and I are headed to key west and are landing in Fort Lauderdale on 3/20. The trip is mostly an unplanned adventure so we conjured up the idea of trying to get a proper boat ride to the keys. I poked around and it looks like a trip that gets made time to time... So really Im posting to see if anyone is making such a trip and would be interested in having a couple passengers.. of course we'll buy you a couple mugs one we get there.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered

More like Fill up the tanks before we leave.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered

180 Gal?
Old 03-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Registered

Nobody?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Its 165 miles one way from Miami to Key West...not sure people do that on any kind of regular basis? I did the run last November, and it was roughly $1500 in fuel, round trip. Might be why you are having a hard time getting people to jump for a couple beers, lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered

From Bonita Beach to Marathon it is just around 150 miles by water and that is cutting straight across Florida Bay assuming the weather is good (and this includes a quick tuck in at Wiggins Pass in North Naples for a fill-up before leaving the coast). I'd say I burn about 90-100 gallons altogether travelling at mostly cruise speed. To fill-up the near empty tank was about $500 and that only leaves 40-50 gallons left after the one-way trip. And this was just in a Baja 30' Outlaw running 496's. I know it is late but just an FYI to those who may be wondering.