Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
April Trip to Sarasota or Anna Marie Island??? >

April Trip to Sarasota or Anna Marie Island???

Notices

April Trip to Sarasota or Anna Marie Island???

Old 09-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April Trip to Sarasota or Anna Marie Island???

Towing from Wisconsin to Florida for spring break vacation again and just started the planning process. Any thoughts on this area? A couple years back we went to Madeira Beach and had a great time going to Egmont Key. Like the inter coastal type travel (KIDS) and beaching the boat for the day kind of thing. As a family we love exploring and walking on beaches which is why we spent so much time at Egmont. Destin had a cool shallow area they call Crab Island that ton's of boats gravitate to. April waters are still a little chilly at that time of year. Ideas, Thoughts???? Andy
Old 09-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Further South maybe, Punta Gorda, Cape Coral or Ft. Myers. lots going on down here.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
Further South maybe, Punta Gorda, Cape Coral or Ft. Myers. lots going on down here.
Going to google earth I see groups of boats hanging near Manasota Key. Are there specific Key's in the area your referencing. Further north the better, The drive's long enough.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Looks like just north of Venice Venice east of Roberts bay is a hangout spot??
Old 09-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I figured you wanted to stay as far North as you could, but that time of year I'm not sure how warm it's going to be, as you would expect the further South you come the warmer you'll be, look up Gasspirilla, Boca Grande, Cayo Costa, all nice beach areas.

Spelling sucks.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
I figured you wanted to stay as far North as you could, but that time of year I'm not sure how warm it's going to be, as you would expect the further South you come the warmer you'll be, look up Gasspirilla, Boca Grande, Cayo Costa, all nice beach areas.

Spelling sucks.
Hmm, maybe stay in South Venice then??? Be a nice ride to the various spots. Hopefully not full of no wakes.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what week in April you're going down but the Super Boat race is at Englewood Beach the weekend of April 11-13th. Nice spot at the end of Stump Pass State Park to beach the boat and play. Along with the other State Parks in that area there are plenty of places to hangout and the water that time of year should be nice.

Sidney