Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Anybody know if Matanzas made it?
https://matanzasonthebay.com/

Their facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/100037338741167/

Hurricane Ian UpdatesA Message from Matanzas on the Bay

Our hearts are devastated by the loss of so many lives, homes and businesses in our community due to Hurricane Ian. Sadly, our beloved restaurant Matanzas on the Bay received extensive damage during the storm.

We are grateful for the outpouring of support, and we remain focused on helping our employees, neighbors and community as we get through this difficult time. We are assessing next steps for rebuilding the restaurant, yet we know it will likely be a long process.

If you’d like to support our staff, who are working to get back on their feet and facing unemployment while we rebuild, please consider contributing to our employee fundraiser at www.facebook.com/MatanzasInnResort.

If you have a gift card to our restaurant, please hold on to it and join us for a meal once we reopen or let us know if you’d like to donate the value to our staff for recovery. Unfortunately, our computer system was lost in the storm, so we are unable to provide refunds.

We thank you for your continued loyalty to Matanzas on the Bay over the past 30 years. Our team looks forward to serving you once again.

Last edited by SB; 12-06-2022 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 236 Posts

So many businesses destroyed and jobs lost .The outlet mall on the way out to Sanibel is standing but was heavily flooded. Just all the electrical that needs to be completely replaced , I have a feeling it may not be rebuilt.

Docs on the beach in Bonita lost its bottom floor and kitchen and the upper bar survived but I think there must be a structural problem as they have ceased to do anymore rebuilding.

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-06-2022 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts

So sad.

I lived in the Cape for Charlie in ‘04 and just told my wife, some of those people just lost everything for the second time in 18 yrs!

I just stumbled on some of the Ft Myers papers I saved from Charlie and they had pixs of the destroyed rack storage building at Burnt Store marina that just got destroyed again!

I always said, “to live in Fla, you really have to want to live in Fla”.

A month ago we spent 2 wks down there.
A wk on the east coast watching the radar following a storm just offshore that was deciding on whether to become a hurricane or not and where to make land fall!

When I lived in the Cape I sold pest control for Terminex and my territory included the islands.

I sold a contract that was the largest ever out of the FM office to a customer on North Captiva Island.
Gorgeous property w/Gulf in front yard and deep water canal/docks in back.

Charlie cut that island in half and destroyed that house a month later!

It will take yrs for them to fight back from this last storm.

Very sad.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by bob
Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, Captiva and Pine Island still in pretty rough shape. Cape has most of their boat ramps open. Most marinas are still messed up. A few on the water restraunts open. Dockage in most cases I believe very limited. Naples is better shape. Not sure how Marco made out. So sad!
What Bob said^^^
Here in Cape Coral, most of the stuff has reopened. Many of the vacation rental houses are being used by restoration companies to house their workers. Almost 3 months after the storm, boating is still very low on many of our minds. We are all trying to get our houses and lives back in order. Living here is still better than ever having to rake leaves or shovel snow.

Craig
105Fountain (12-20-2022), KEYS DISEASE (12-20-2022), Sydwayz (12-21-2022), tlark (12-21-2022), tommymonza (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 01:47 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
What Bob said^^^
Here in Cape Coral, most of the stuff has reopened. Many of the vacation rental houses are being used by restoration companies to house their workers. Almost 3 months after the storm, boating is still very low on many of our minds. We are all trying to get our houses and lives back in order. Living here is still better than ever having to rake leaves or shovel snow.

Craig
Or pay crazy azz high Illinois taxes for chit roads and Insane DemoRat leaders .
The following users liked this post:
Knot 4 Me (12-22-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 08:30 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Or pay crazy azz high Illinois taxes for chit roads and Insane DemoRat leaders .
HEY!!! Our roads are only chit for 9 out of the 10 years between resurfacings!!!
and Id take 3' of snow over 3' of water any day!!!

The commyrats....that i have no argument against!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
tommymonza (12-24-2022)
Old 01-17-2023, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SW Florida Boat Damage

Such a shame to see the devastation through the region. Just settled with insurance for roof replacement in NW Cape and know the pain. Curious if anyone knows where salvaged performance boats are being sold? Lot's of boats listed on Cooper Capital but very few performance boats. Hopefully they were moved from harms way or owners are keeping and making own repairs, but would be interested in picking up a project in the 30 to 40 foot range. Would also consider a twin engine outboard center console or dual console boat but have not won any bids on Cooper Capital. Thanks
Old 01-30-2023, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 88 Posts

Just cruised by lot of work still but they are on it

Lot of sail boats way in land also sucks a hit like this!
Old 01-30-2023, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 88 Posts

This one of the only places open very good food! Next to coast guard station gas dock also open channel 14

Twin O/B Sonic (01-31-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.