Default Re: 32 Spectre/ Seat Time

130 mph with Ilmor 625's.

Beautiful boat and nice lines in the water
Old 07-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy01
Why don't you hop a plane to Florida and take a drive...... ..... Let me know when you are going, me and Herman will tag along. I might just drive a 32' while I am there..........

Andy
LMAO.. I have been thinking about it for sure.. but its not time for me yet.. I have a few other things to iron out... I have to decide which boat I'll keep first..
the right thing to do it probably to sell my fast one.. and keep the little one..
but.. Im having a hard time with that.. so for now.. Im not getting anywhere near driving it.. Or I might just oder it and then I'll be in trouble..lol
Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Registered

I'm new to the offshore thing & was wondering what the difference between a spectre & a skater are. I was interested in a 28 skater w/ OBs, but the spectre seem very nice & a lil less money. Can someone please enlighten me.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:44 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

skater will be lighter and faster with same power.....
spectre will have a little better ride in the rougher stuff do to the size/weight....

nothing beats a 28 skater in smooth water, but it will cost ya more...

there is a thread somewhere that compares spectre/skater/amt... check that out...
Old 07-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Registered

That was the biggest differnce I could tell was price. Just now sold my Allison drag & Malibu ski boat. I'm starting to look more seriously now. I really wish someone would hurry up & build the perfect boat. Thanx for the help.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2MANYTOYZ
That was the biggest differnce I could tell was price. Just now sold my Allison drag & Malibu ski boat. I'm starting to look more seriously now. I really wish someone would hurry up & build the perfect boat. Thanx for the help.
Spectre will build you the perfect boat, just tell Jay what you want. I had Jay and the team at Spectre built a 30' this year after doing a lot of home work. I looked at the 30' Spectre and the 28' Skater really hard. I looked at a lot of other boats those were the two that it came down to.
What seperated the two for me was size and style. Sure price plays a role in boat building as well but the difference wasn't enought to sway me one way or the other. I like the speed numbers of the 28 Skater, hell who wouldn't. Stock power 115 mph all day long. I know there are some that are running 120 plus plus but on average the 28 runs 112-115mph. Those words came from Peter himself. But for 10 mph the Spectre fit my needs better, The interior space is a little bigger and the Spectre will run in the rough stuff better. I built my boat for the ocean with one or two river trips a year in mind. It isn't often that I can even run my boat at 100 in the ocean, the water is just to big out here. But I have run 80 plus in 3-5 swells with a light wind chop. Yes the boat was flying but it handled it very well. I have run my boat in flat water as well, not as fun but you can run a 100 plus for as long as your wallet will let you. The 30' likes a small swell and a little wind chop, with those conditions you can run 90-100 all day.
The other fact was style. I liked the look, hull layout and over all size of the Spectre a little better. I recieved one of the first 2005 30's with the new style interior. When Jay showed me the prototype seats and layout I couldn't believe it, I had to have one. I love the look of the new interior and the way the colors are tied into the rest of the boat as well as the seat backs. I have never been a big fan of the 28' Skater dash, just my personel taste. I don't like the "box" that sticks out in front of the driver where the steering colum is. It really boils down to speed and style on the two boats. i love my 30' and wouldn't replace it with anything other then another 30' Spectre with outboards or a new 32' Spectre. Spectre builds a great boat at a hell of a value for your dollar, couple that with fantastic customer service and you can't go wrong.

Keep us posted on what you get.

This post in no way shape or form is to slander the 28' Skater, we all know Skater builds a great boat. I am only stating my opinion of why I bought a 30' Spectre.

Andy

Last edited by Andy01; 07-15-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Registered

Andy, nice disclaimer at the end!!!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

very very tastefully put...OH AND I AGREE WITH EVERY WORD OF IT !!
Attached Thumbnails 32 Spectre/ Seat Time-spectrebernie.jpg  
Old 07-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Andy01
Why don't you hop a plane to Florida and take a drive...... ..... Let me know when you are going, me and Herman will tag along. I might just drive a 32' while I am there..........

Andy
Count me in.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DrewDown
Count me in.
If your going for a 30' I'll save you a trip and some shipping............

Quick Reply: 32 Spectre/ Seat Time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.