Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Spectre
I hope I'm not the only Spectre Owner out there! >

I hope I'm not the only Spectre Owner out there!

Like Tree9Likes

I hope I'm not the only Spectre Owner out there!

Old 04-13-2002, 10:54 PM
Registered

My Boat: 38 Jupiter CC, Miss GEICO
Cool I hope I'm not the only Spectre Owner out there!

lET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS AND LET'S GET THIS THREAD GOING.

What's you rig like? let me know
Old 04-15-2002, 07:17 AM
Registered

OK....guy
Let's see some pics..... I have been looking into a 36 ft unit...but naturally I have to part with the 33 ft unit I have now. I do like having a cabin and the dealer I was and am talking with keeps trying to push the non-cabin unit. The one I went for my first test ride in (@ Miami Boat Show) was not to impressive. I really don't see the reason for such a large tabl
Old 04-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered

Default miami eeek!

Yeah, I heard the boat in miami was all out of sorts. Leave off the supechargers and the x-boxes. I'm 2 months into this boat after coming out of a 36ft deep V. My Set up: 36 poker run (canopies) w/500 Efi's, XR's and the new mercury sportmaster lowers 1 inch short. I run 110 consistantly (GPS) cruise is 91mph w/1/2tank and 34bravo one's (no lab) and I run with everyone. What I'm learning is that most people really BS there true performance.
We could eek out a little more 3-5mph but that would be splitting hairs. The acceleration is fantastic, It's a very reliable pkg so no dissapointments come Saturday mornings. The Tab... I rarely touch it. look at it as boat jewelry, maybe a "smidge" in the really rough stuff to keep her flying straight and narrow.

This is a custom race boat with a pretty paint job, thats it. If your looking for the stabbin cabin..well....you know. I personaly don't miss mine at all .(just **** to break and fix) the rigging and glass work are pure artwork. Last week I ran in the PRA Sarasota run with some pretty heavy players most of the exotics broke surprisingly enough at the end of the day it was a Spectre (500s), Outerlimits (2x1300), Cig(2x1100) and elim(2xKE675) We Rocked!!

The response this thing gets on the water is amazing. Literally, it's as if the President was driving bye. the shock effect is awsome!

Performance. Jay(owner) just tested a 36 same as mine with 650hp Bulldogs (MDG) 130mph on lake tarpon( (fresh water) add 2-3 for salt.........thats fast...maybe too fast. Me, I'm an ocean guy give me the rough stuff. You rarely need more than a 100 for that.

Major problem: None of my friends boats can hang speed wise. So they're all bithing and complaning and ordering Whipple Chargers.

I'll post a pic tonight. better yet whats your email Ill send over an mpeg

mine [email protected]
Old 04-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Registered

Hey Maximus,

Thanks for that informative info you just left, it helped me a lot. Also, very sweet looking boat, i too was in the Sarasota run and saw your rig and also the #19 30footer with the water drop paint job. My boat(you might not remember) was the little 26ft Sonic. I have already sold that boat since the run just a little while ago and I am going to buy a cat, I test drove the 28 Profile and Warlock and was set on the Profile, but after all the boats that i saw last weekend my mind changed completly. I really like the spectre and i saw you coming from St. Pete while i was still going, you looked good, those waves didnt budge you and i was fighting them like crazy. Were you taking those waves in Tampa Bay like they were nothing? And you do 110, wow, that is only about 3mph from a record(so says the website) i expected 90-100 max but 110, that just leaned me even more to getting a Spectre. Also what should i expect to pay(about) and are there any options or does Spectre pretty much put everything you would want in the boat. I was going to get basically what you have HP 500 with XR's. Friend told me to look into #6's bc he said if you get airborn(prop breaks loose) and come down with out pulling out of it completly you will shatter your upper case in the Bravo. Does your boat pretty much stick to the water? I have had the prop break loose on my sonic plenty of times and i have no problem pulling back on the re-entry.
Thanks in advance, Mark
[email protected]
Old 04-15-2002, 06:56 PM
Registered

Default MD - cool place

Mark, I'm originally from Rockville md, got into offshore down in Annapolis. I remember the waterspot boat. Someone on the dock said that the guy who owned it hated waterspots on his rig after washing it down so he just painted them on. Good idea! However, once Grafik EFX gets done with your ride, you''l be out there on all fours with a towel...trust me.
Motor pkg- 500's are tried and true and 110 is what you will get. Drives- forget about #6's.. overkill and too expensive. XR's are rated 650-675 and you'll be pushing 470. oops' you will actually be pushing 500(lucky dog) w/ the new 525's slated for june that will be the package to have. Those motors look soooooo sweet!!!!!!!! Swept stainless CMI's , Alum Heads. ooobaby!!! as for breaking loose well its basicly a surface drive so Your not going to have any issues. at speed you will be drawing 8-10 inches.

Options- well , the boat comes pretty much done just choose colors, GPS, Gauge pattern and little stuff. Fly in for the throttle measurement and your done. When you walk through the factory with Jay your decision will be sealed. When you sit in your boat for the first time it will fit you like a glove. 100 in the rough stuff is like ...well........you saw. Just crusin'

Price- give me a call 727-542-6927
Attached Thumbnails I hope I'm not the only Spectre Owner out there!-image025.jpg  
Old 04-17-2002, 10:59 PM
Registered

Default Mark

Tried to send that Mpeg video to your e-mail file was too bil... got another address?
Old 04-18-2002, 05:17 PM
Registered

Hey Maximus,
sorry about that, the free hotmail doesnt give a lot of space. Try this address. Again thanks [email protected]
Old 04-18-2002, 10:21 PM
Registered

My Boat: 34' Venture
Thumbs up Certainly turned our heads in Sarasota

Wow you went fron LURKER to HOOKED.

We liked your boat too.

You'll get the award for the most posts for a newbie!! Ha Ha

Old 04-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Registered

Default The closet

It's good to be free!! I just got my pic's rom Boat pix. Wow they are exspensive.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Driver-441
Racer

My Boat: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Default Re: I hope I'm not the only Spectre Owner out there!

1998 36 race
Attached Thumbnails I hope I'm not the only Spectre Owner out there!-camden-race-039-large-.jpg  

Quick Reply: I hope I'm not the only Spectre Owner out there!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser