Spectre vs. Skater >

Spectre vs. Skater

Like Tree0Likes

Spectre vs. Skater

Old 01-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

My Boat: 28 Skater 2.5's

Originally Posted by FullAuto9 View Post
Shouldnt you be concentrating on fixing your bad fuel tanks?
I run AVgas so I have no problems with my tanks..
Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Driver-441
Racer

My Boat: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat

Originally Posted by Baja555 View Post
..I'm not trying to step on the toes of any spectre owners.. ..
Bull****. Did you read your first post on this thread?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Do you even have a spectre?. I have honestly answered the original post.. I even had a down payment on a 30 spectre .Fortunatly I took my time and researched both boats.After riding in both it was a no brainer. Spectre's are not the boat that a skater is.. period..
Old 01-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Driver-441
Racer

My family marina is a Spectre dealer. We raced a 36 to a national championship in 1999...yea..I know something about Spectres. Were also a Skater dealer, weve built and rigged many Skater race and pleasure boats too. In fact we set an endurance record with a 28 from albany to The Statue of Liberity and back. There is nothing in the world that compares to a Skater, agreed. BUT, a Spectre is one hell of an offshore machine....if it doesnt ride right your doing something wrong. PERIOD.

Click the link in my signiture
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

your missing the point.. the original post was skater vs spectre.I never said a spectre was a bad boat.I said that it was not as good as a skater is in any regard.. But they are cheaper to buy and the insurance is cheaper..
Old 01-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by Baja555 View Post
It wouldn't be unless you are looking for a slower , poor riding, inferior copy of a skater..but, insurance is cheaper.
Sounds to me like bashing words. "A good boat thats a few mph slower than a skater but cheaper to own" is comparing the two...not what you said.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Well it wasnt intended that way..And it's just my opinion.. thats why they make different brands
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

My Boat: 40 SKATER

Originally Posted by 29 sst View Post
Easy there Buddy that hurts.

Look I believe its all in what kind of boater u are.The last owner of my boat said in the river which is were I boat He could out run a 30 skater with the same power that was here for the poker run. then they went out in the ocean and it was a different story. So that being said if u are going to do 90% of your boating in a lake or river save the money and buy the spectre, if u have plans for the ocean and alot of poker runs by the skater. Mind u this is all verbatum from what the previous owner of my boat said. Ive never ridden in a 30 skater, but I do love the way my spectre rides.
He could out run a 30 skater with the same power that was here for the poker run.

maybe at the Bar not on the water , save your money and dont take that bet
Old 01-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered

My Boat: 2002 30 spectre 500EFIs & 2009 Fountain CC twin 300 Verados

[QUOTE=Baja555;3311203]Last time I checked you had a Kryptonite , not a spectre or skater.. I have looked at both when buying mine..Thats why I answered the original post..The spectre is a very nice looking boat, building quality is good but nothing compared to skater.. I wanted a 30 spectre until I rode in both , the 28 skater rides better and is much faster, plus the resale is way better.

As far as "way better resale" a skater demands more $ in the new and used marked for sure.
I think % wise the skater will depreciate more than a spectre. So the better "value" is a spectre.
I like both boats.
Hell, I like all boats....
Old 01-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

How so? you can buy spectre's all day long for 5 cents on the dollar, look in the classifieds.. yeah if you want to get into a cat a spectre is a way cheaper way of doing it,.. you can buy a 36 spectre for what you can buy a 28 skater for..you call that reslale value? so yeah for the price they are a better deal..Spectres dont ride better, they arent faster power for power, they arent built as well and they dont hold value..they are not a bad boat in any respect ,but they are not a skater .. Its not bashing Spectre , its just the facts...

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser