Spectre vs. Skater >

Spectre vs. Skater

Notices

Spectre vs. Skater

Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja555
It wouldn't be unless you are looking for a slower , poor riding, inferior copy of a skater..but, insurance is cheaper.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wouldn't be unless you are looking for a slower , poor riding, inferior copy of a skater..but, insurance is cheaper.
Easy there Buddy that hurts.

Look I believe its all in what kind of boater u are.The last owner of my boat said in the river which is were I boat He could out run a 30 skater with the same power that was here for the poker run. then they went out in the ocean and it was a different story. So that being said if u are going to do 90% of your boating in a lake or river save the money and buy the spectre, if u have plans for the ocean and alot of poker runs by the skater. Mind u this is all verbatum from what the previous owner of my boat said. Ive never ridden in a 30 skater, but I do love the way my spectre rides.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Real classy post in the Spectre section
Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered

Shouldnt you be concentrating on fixing your bad fuel tanks?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered

Whoa spanky, take it down a notch. Little hungover there? The 36 was copied off the 35 motion. I believe the 36 spectre "Stylin" had some wins in class 1 in the late 90's early 2000's over a 36 skater. The skater is a far better boat, but the spectre isn't that bad.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by kaama82
Why would a 30 Spectre be a better choice then a Skater 28? Just looking for opinions. Don't really know anything about either of them. Thanks.
So after 5 years of running my (2) 30 Motion and running with other firends this is what I have learned. First assume that all the boats are powered by stock 300xs's.

The 30 Skater, 30 Motion, 30 Spectre all run the the same speed and handle the water equally well. Depending on the day one might be faster than the others. But props matter more than what one hull you use out of these three.

32 Spectre. Runs the same speed and handles about the same as the 30's from Skater, Spectre, Motion but has the updated interior.

28 Skater, will go 10 to 15 mph faster than the 30's and handles small water well. But lacks rough watrer handling when compared to the 30's.

Now in the US there is only one boat that trumps all of these. 32 Doug Wright. Runs as fast as the 28 skater and runs rough water better than a 30's and 32's.

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 01-29-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Whoa spanky, take it down a notch. Little hungover there? The 36 was copied off the 35 motion. I believe the 36 spectre "Stylin" had some wins in class 1 in the late 90's early 2000's over a 36 skater. The skater is a far better boat, but the spectre isn't that bad.
Whoa, you do know that the 35 motion is a stretched 32 skater right? the 36 skater was never copied off of anything.I happen to like the spectre's, but the question was spectre vs skater.. I have ridden in a spectre's, both 30 and 36 , they are a bumpy riding boat.and a 30 is nowhere near as fast as a 28 skater, but it does have more room in it , and insurance is cheaper
Old 01-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered

Whoa, you do know that the 35 motion is a stretched 32 skater right? the 36 skater was never copied off of anything.I happen to like the spectre's, but the question was spectre vs skater.. I have ridden in a spectre's, both 30 and 36 , they are a bumpy riding boat.and a 30 is nowhere near as fast as a 28 skater, but it does have more room in it , and insurance is cheaper
The 30 Spectre is a much bigger boat than the skater. Ever see them side by side? If you want to get technical, than yes it's derived from the skater but simply just for different uses. You can't compare the 28 skater to the 30 spectre. Period. Different animals. I would assume the 30 spectre for an everyday user will walk away from a 28 skater in the rough-- simply from a size standpoint. If they were being raced, I'd assume it would be a different story. Regardless, that is a debatable statement that can never be resolved (all depends on the driver). Simply put, the "bumpiness" you're referring too can be ( not necessarily the case) related to driver error.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Yes it did. IF it ride bumpy your doing something wrong.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered

The 30 Spectre is a much bigger boat than the skater. Ever see them side by side? If you want to get technical, than yes it's derived from the skater but simply just for different uses. You can't compare the 28 skater to the 30 spectre. Period. Different animals. I would assume the 30 spectre for an everyday user will walk away from a 28 skater in the rough-- simply from a size standpoint. If they were being raced, I'd assume it would be a different story. Regardless, that is a debatable statement that can never be resolved (all depends on the driver). Simply put, the "bumpiness" you're referring too can be ( not necessarily the case) related to driver error.
Last time I checked you had a Kryptonite , not a spectre or skater.. I have looked at both when buying mine..Thats why I answered the original post..The spectre is a very nice looking boat, building quality is good but nothing compared to skater.. I wanted a 30 spectre until I rode in both , the 28 skater rides better and is much faster, plus the resale is way better.. Yes the Spectre is a larger boat , 2 ft longer and 6 in. wider..It depends on what you want to spend. the spectre is not a bad boat , but they do not do anything better than a skater, just because they have about 6 in of extra room in the cockpit does not make them a better boat..I'm not trying to step on the toes of any spectre owners.. just telling my experiences. thats why i spent the extra money to buy the skater.just keeping it real..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.