Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Spectre (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/spectre-48/)
-   -   The wrecked 36 is back.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/spectre/252243-wrecked-36-back.html)

DollaBill 04-29-2011 06:35 PM

God I hate journalists. "Why was he going so fast?". Eat sh!t you douchebag

LaughingCat 04-29-2011 06:42 PM

Two things: one, why is it important to note how much money he had in his wallet or his short when found?

Second, can you at least TRY to cover up you minimalist repair job by matching the paint. They painted all repair area 'obvious' green. Maybe a totally new paint job or match the old. It's creepy when you look at the wreck photos and recent.

TeamSaris 05-02-2011 10:26 PM

Only way Id own that is if Jay went over it closely and said it was ok

SS930 05-03-2011 07:04 AM

My god did they do a ****ty job with the 'cover up' paint! UGLY!!!

At least it still has the one bone fish! :drink:

If I bought that boat, I'd completely repaint it. Not only to get rid of that terrible paint job, but to help erase the bad history as well.

PokerRun388 05-04-2011 10:29 PM

Cash Bar, thanku for posting that 2004 article... i wasn't aware of the fatal crash,, so I wanted to read the story... Very sad, for sure..... Yah, I wouldn't want any part of a boat that took a human life..... no way...

I have a question,,, The ad says nothing about the 36 being involved in a fatal accident and that it was badly damaged.... Do they legally have to disclose this information to anyone interested in buying it?..... like a salvage title on a car/truck?...

TuckerDog2 05-05-2011 11:07 AM

I attempted contact with the seller last year when they had it on ebay. They never responded. I did bid on the boat, but only low ball "safe" offers, hoping they would respond to my questions regarding the damage, before I would bid higher. Eventually, after emailing many times regarding the boats history, they blocked me from bidding. I think they would have better luck selling the boat if they were honest and up-front regarding the boats history????

CigDaze 05-05-2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3390466)

I wouldn't wipe my azz with the St. Pete Times. :mad:

And I'd want nothing to do with boat.

SS930 05-05-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 3395533)
And I'd want nothing to do with boat.

+1... It would have to be damn cheap before I'd be interested, and even at that I would part it out.

X-Rated30 05-17-2011 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3390466)

Amen

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3395090)
Yah, I wouldn't want any part of a boat that took a human life..... no way...

Yet another one of your genius comments. Are you really that silly? If the boat were in perfect shape and priced right, and you passed it up out of superstition, then you would get what you deserve.

(Of course, it isn't in good shape - I have seen it up close as recently as the weekend before last. If I pass up the boat, it is out of good sense. Just pointing out what a doofus you are.)

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er (Post 3388598)
Question: how do they know his BAC was .07 when it took them a week to find him?

The human body metabolizes alcohol, absorbing it and eliminating it, only as long as the human body is alive. The body will cease absorbing and eliminating alcohol when the metabolism stops, leaving the BAC in the circulatory system close to what it was at the time of death.:drink:

LAriverratt 05-18-2011 07:27 AM

I looked at the boat up close twice not long before the 200. Def needs work. I wasn't aware of the accident at the time I looked at it but did notice that it had some extensive work done to the sponson along with bottom repairs. If it was checked out by a reputable individual and he ok'd it/said it could be repaired, why wouldn't someone buy it at the right price???? the boat didn't cause the accident, nor the alcohol, inexperience did IMO.