Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Spectre (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/spectre-48/)
-   -   New Spectre 30 owner here (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/spectre/360213-new-spectre-30-owner-here.html)

Detroit Ham 04-19-2019 03:38 PM

New Spectre 30 owner here

Just purchased my first Spectre 30 and will be following this board for what is going on with the brand and what you folks are doing to upgrade and modify your boats. She’ll be at LOTO and will be dropped off sometime next week. When she gets here I’ll post some pics ASAP. Bought her here on OSO, the Red one. Bob has made this purchase my best experience to this day!! I won’t ask a bunch questions but will try to follow and learn from everyone and if anyone has any magazine reviews or articles from back in the day please post as I’m a sucker for brand history. I’ll thank everyone in advance and looking forward for your posts and updates here!!!

rak rua 04-19-2019 07:13 PM

There's an unwritten rule about new boat purchases....... We need pics!
Congrats on the purchase, You'll need to get your post count up to 10 posts before you can post pics. I'm a bit worried 'cos it's taken 3 years for you to make your first post, I hope we don't have to wait 30 years for some pics. :) - Just having fun. Spectres are beautiful boats and very much liked here, hope you enjoy her and OSO.

Cheers,
RR.

Detroit Ham 04-19-2019 07:40 PM

I’m not a person that posts a lot ����. Just throwing it out there and thanks for the reply. I usually do more reading and research. This is my last boat as I’ll retire in 3 years. Always loved the lines of the 30 and can’t wait to get her on the water!!

Plum_Crazy 04-19-2019 10:13 PM

I was wondering when that red 30 would sell. Looked like a very nice boat. Enjoy!

I had mine at LOTO last fall and, schedule permitting, hope to make it down for the Shootout this year.

Detroit Ham 04-19-2019 11:17 PM

Thanks for the reply Plum Crazy!! I’ve been admiring your boat and that thing is so clean. Like I said I’m here but don’t post a lot but I can see that changing. I’m still looking at her getting here next week and I will definitely be posting some pics. Not sure of how many Spectres are here at LOTO but I’ve seen a few. Well if ya make the Shoot Out be safe and looking forward to seeing more pics of your boat!!!!!

SUPERSTITIOUS 04-20-2019 06:11 PM

Pictures! Or it didn't happen:ernaehrung004:

Detroit Ham 05-11-2019 08:31 PM

Finally got it here and tried to post pics but can’t seem to size them correctly. I’ll give it another sodoon.

rak rua 05-11-2019 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Detroit Ham (Post 4686507)
Finally got it here and tried to post pics but can’t seem to size them correctly. I’ll give it another sodoon.

You need to have made at least 10 posts to post pics.
We do need pics :) so feel free to make a few frivolous posts on this thread to get yourself to 10. (Been done many times by others)

RR

Detroit Ham 05-12-2019 11:40 PM

Thanks for the help as I didn’t realize that.

Detroit Ham 05-12-2019 11:51 PM

Bought the boat and very next day my wife was hospitalized and I spent 3 weeks staying in her room and trying to get the boat shipped here. Had a shipper accept the bid only to stall for a week with claims of drivers were late because of other deliveries and offered to take my boat from the storage facility it was at to her personal lot until her other drivers got caught up which would’ve been 3-5 days so I canceled and relisted my ad and now all is well.