Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
aggressor 25 >

aggressor 25

Notices

aggressor 25

Old 02-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, it sure must be tough to have a brand new boat and not be able to take it out for a couple months! I am going to check out the Sunsation also.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:52 AM
kook

Originally posted by NVRENOUGH
Yup, thats the one from boat trader. I drove out last monday to look at it and it was exactly what was advertised. perfect condition. It has two or three hours on it. The one thing it doesn`t have, and this may sound a little silly, is the bumper cleats, I don`t kknow were i am gonna tie the rea bumpers to due to the fact that the cleats are almost on the transom, not on the side like my baja. Oh well, I`m sure those won`t be hard to add.

Jason
I'm having 4 cleats added to my Aggressor - the existing cleats, while fine for tie-up, leave nothing for fender mounting. This is one of the things I do not like about the boat. The existing cleat locations are NOT in the right location for fenders - the are right above the rubrail, and you really want something higher up on the boat for fenders, so that the top/middle of the fender is resting against the rub rail. Probably will not have pics until April.

Old 02-26-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Guys no need to add cleats, at the stearn just use your standard spring line to tie up, and use a fender about a foot to two feet forward of that with one of the little suction cup deals you can get at west or any place. Now tie another fender to a line off of your cleats on the side (next to your bolsters) as you tie up to raft just tie off with this line, and it keeps the fender in place. Worked great for me all year long, every once in a while the fender in back with the suction cup would come loose, I solved that by putting the extra cord from the suction cup under the engine hatch when I'd close it. No more problems.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:55 PM
NVRENOUGH

That was my first thought, but i was worried about security. but, I`d rather do that than drill a hole so i`ll give it a try, thanks!

Jason

Old 02-27-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Rum Runner... I have a 97 aggressor that I raft up with every weekend in the summer.

Tie or better yet get the loop-snap adjuster from Boat US and attach to the grab rail and steering wheel in front and close ropes under the hatch in the back.

Works for me. I would not add any other cleats as it would take away from the appearance of the boat.

Aggressor 25
Old 02-28-2002, 07:09 AM
kook

Pop-up cleats will not detract from the lines of the boat, IMHO. I'm not to into jury rigging when rafting up with others.

Old 02-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark I've never really had a major problem doing it the way I have, but if you do a ton of rafting the trick thing would be setting up quick pins (like on a race boat) that already have your fenders on the lines & pins, then you just push em in, and your done. Time to go push the button, and pull them out and then there's nothing on your deck.