Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sunsation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation-43/)
-   -   Swim Ladder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation/131519-swim-ladder.html)

islandracer 05-31-2006 12:49 PM

Swim Ladder

Anyone know what brand ladder that Sunsation uses on their 32 footer?

thanks

Knot 4 Me 05-31-2006 01:17 PM

Re: Swim Ladder

Not sure of the brand, but give Joe a call at the factory (810)794-4888 and he can set you up on where to get the ladder, spacers and lag bolts.

Canada Jeff 05-31-2006 01:44 PM

The lag bolts that come with the ladder are useless!

Buy some rubber gromet jam nuts. Use a hole saw for the hole, and insert these. Then tighten up. I did mine that way (because there was no axcess to them from inside) and four years latter it's still strong! Lag bolts into the fibreglass with make a real mess. Factory is nut and bolt, before the top cap is placed on.

Knot 4 Me 05-31-2006 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff

Buy some rubber gromet jam nuts. Use a hole saw for the hole, and insert these. Then tighten up. I did mine that way (because there was no axcess to them from inside) and four years latter it's still strong! Lag bolts into the fibreglass with make a real mess. Factory is nut and bolt, before the top cap is placed on.

Mental's was the first ever ladder installed on a 32 and it was done after the fact with lag bolts and 5200. Never budged after 5 years. Mental is not a small boy. I believe the bolts bite into the plywood under the swim platform, not into pure glass. Joe will also provide installation instructions.

Mentalpause 05-31-2006 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff

I agree with Knot 4 Me CJ. I put the first ladder on a 32, after it was delivered. I ordered it with a ladder and was told we don't have ladders. My response was you do now.

I got the package from Joe and Wayne, with directions, lag bolts, spacers et, and it installed without a hitch, and I never had a problem. And as K4M says, I do test strength and stamina. That ladder installed via Joe's kit and direction will lift 260+ boys year in and out without a strain.

Not sure what your experience was, but it was nothing close to mine. My advice would be call Joe and implement the standard package as directed.

Canada Jeff 06-08-2006 06:57 AM

I was afraid and had never really screwed wood lag bolts into glass before. Didn't want to crack anything, so I went the rubber jam nut, and has worked perfect. I was in the engine compartment reaching into the swim platform cavity and couldn't feel any wood. So it concerned me.

But if you guys have done it, I guess its fine.

I know Kanookster did the same as I did.

red thunder 06-14-2006 10:13 PM

Depends when the boat was made, some have wood some don't