Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sunsation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation-43/)
-   -   288 Standard Graphics pkg (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation/149603-288-standard-graphics-pkg.html)

NoQuarter 01-19-2007 01:56 PM

288 Standard Graphics pkg

Are the standard graphics packages on 2001 and newer 288 Sunsations painted on, or are they vinyl? In other words, if I find a 2001 or newer that I like, can I 'easily' strip off the graphics and order the set from the facotry that I really like?

boatnt 01-19-2007 04:20 PM

Re: 288 Standard Graphics pkg

2001 would have Mitcher T painted graphics.
it does NOT get any better then that!

NoQuarter 01-21-2007 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by boatnt (Post 1998650)
2001 would have Mitcher T painted graphics.
it does NOT get any better then that!

One of my BIGGEST reservations about Sunsation... Mitch T.

This is the only boat I would buy Brand New. I would buy it brand new, to make sure he couldn't touch it.

Jupiter Sunsation 01-21-2007 07:06 PM

His quality is excellent, do you not like his designs, his painting ability or his personality?

Sunsation has had an excellent relationship with him but they will definitely sell you a white boat. I have heard several great stories about Mitcher T going the extra mile to help people out both with paint issues or other things.

boatnt 01-21-2007 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998 (Post 2000172)
One of my BIGGEST reservations about Sunsation... Mitch T.

This is the only boat I would buy Brand New. I would buy it brand new, to make sure he couldn't touch it.

you much not know much about Sunsation or Mitcher T,if you thought a 2001 Sunsation would have vinyl graphics.
as far as Mitcher T ,his work speaks for itself.
That just my opinion.good luck with your new boat

NoQuarter 01-22-2007 08:52 AM

I'm sure the painting quality is top notch, I just don't like the painted race fairing... I think it breaks the lines too much.

Quality Time 01-22-2007 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998 (Post 2000579)
I'm sure the painting quality is top notch, I just don't like the painted race fairing... I think it breaks the lines too much.

You can order them anyway you like them. As far as your comment about Mitch, you obviously have never met the man or seen his work up close.

Mentalpause 01-22-2007 06:04 PM

I worked with Mitch closely on the F4. He is great to work with and does outstanding work. He will be more than willing to work out whatever design you want.

My opinion, you came across pretty strong on Mitch if the only thing you want is to leave your faring un-painted.

Why does it seem there must be something else eating at you!

boatnt 01-22-2007 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Quality Time (Post 2000630)
You can order them anyway you like them. As far as your comment about Mitch, you obviously have never met the man or seen his work up close.

couldn't agree with you more!
If everyone in the marine business took care of their customers the way Mitch does,their would be alot more happy boat owners!

Mitcher T 01-23-2007 06:42 PM

Scarab,,,,,,,

I'm sorry that I have disappointed you or someone that you know in some way. If there is any issue that you have with me, please feel free to contact me at your convenience, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Sunsation will gladly sell you a white boat. I hope and assure you that whatever your issue is, I will not inhibit your purchasing decision in any way. They are the best people I have ever worked with in the industry. Their customer service and reputation are second to none. Their boats are the finest built in the industry, I can personally assure you of that, if that means anything.

Good luck. I hope to hear from you.