90's dominator 32's >

90's dominator 32's

Notices

90's dominator 32's

Old 03-28-2023, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan8886
These boats do seem to get around. I’m 52 now and the gift of arthritis would keep me from ever owning something that big again. My best friend and I owned it together from ‘07 to ‘13. By the time we’d poured all the money in to make the boat right….all the fun had just been sucked out and we sold.

But now that our daughter is out of college….I think I may have the wife talked into something more workable like a well treated older 25’ Aggressor.

New guy…feel free to PM with anything i can answer from my time with her. If it’s the same
boat…it always blew my mind that someone actually PICKED that pattern for down in the cabin. Just wow! Hahaha

here are a few pics. She needs floors soon and steering
Old 05-22-2023, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The boat in the promo add is “Dominator Scott”’ s boat….before he totally reimagined it into something really snarly….don’t know if he’s still around and owns it….bet a dollar he is; he was always fanatical about that boat.

Brought back a ton of memories to see her back in the water again. She should now pretty much fall into the category of a “classic” as she will be 30 years old next year.

only gripe I have is the name…..”Penny Pinched”????

🫣🫣🫣

it would take HOURS to explain the whole history on this boat. And, yes….Pennies WERE pinched prior to my watch on her.

But while I owned her….over $30K went into making her right…all the way down to cutting the rear bulkhesd out and pulling the gas tank to clear out all the soft spots. Throw in a transom rebuild, gimbals, addition of mechanical drive indicators and an entire re-rigging by another party after the first one took our money and basically bailed with it.

She was most DEFINITELY not “penny pinched”. 😊😊

hope she treats you well this season! Remember to tuck the drives in tight and tabs down before trying to get on plane…otherwise she just blows the props out…maybe a delta pad thing…we never figured it out.

If you ARE in the mood for some fun/cringing reading about her….just do a search for the name “Rob Grobowski” or “Beware RPM Extreme”.

Then we can talk about the couple grand spent on the trailer that the doichebag that sold iit to us said was in “great” shape. 🙄🙄🙄

The one lesson I’d share from her is this….doesn’t matter if it’s 500 miles away…be present when your purchase survey is completed…no matter what. That was a whole other story. 🙄

Last edited by Ryan8886; 05-22-2023 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2023, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan8886
The boat in the promo add is “Dominator Scott”’ s boat….before he totally reimagined it into something really snarly….don’t know if he’s still around and owns it….bet a dollar he is; he was always fanatical about that boat.

Brought back a ton of memories to see her back in the water again. She should now pretty much fall into the category of a “classic” as she will be 30 years old next year.

only gripe I have is the name…..”Penny Pinched”????

🫣🫣🫣

it would take HOURS to explain the whole history on this boat. And, yes….Pennies WERE pinched prior to my watch on her.

But while I owned her….over $30K went into making her right…all the way down to cutting the rear bulkhesd out and pulling the gas tank to clear out all the soft spots. Throw in a transom rebuild, gimbals, addition of mechanical drive indicators and an entire re-rigging by another party after the first one took our money and basically bailed with it.

She was most DEFINITELY not “penny pinched”. 😊😊

hope she treats you well this season! Remember to tuck the drives in tight and tabs down before trying to get on plane…otherwise she just blows the props out…maybe a delta pad thing…we never figured it out.

If you ARE in the mood for some fun/cringing reading about her….just do a search for the name “Rob Grobowski” or “Beware RPM Extreme”.

Then we can talk about the couple grand spent on the trailer that the doichebag that sold iit to us said was in “great” shape. 🙄🙄🙄

The one lesson I’d share from her is this….doesn’t matter if it’s 500 miles away…be present when your purchase survey is completed…no matter what. That was a whole other story. 🙄
Dominator Scott. Man does that bring back memories especially at the old rallies and on the old Sunny website/forum. Only thing I really didn't care for on his boat was the Sternjacks. Was a cool, fast old Dominator. Especially if you like lime green!