Notices

F4s

Old 05-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I rode on both the NT 4300 and the F4 back to back at over 90 MPH for about 50 miles each. The F4 was running at 100 with 5 aboard in the open ocean (factory green boat has a few tweaks for the extra MPH, it has run 104). Boat was solid, fast ride. Rode on a 43 NT with triple 650's that has run 100 with a higher X dimension but was set up to run 92-94 the day I was on it. NT has a great layout for poker runs/ large groups and this boat was setup for comfort rather than outright speed. We had 7 aboard for the poker run and the boat didn't seem crowded. The cabin had the a/c going and we were running 50 on 2 motors (center prop had a problem) which is a nice option when you have triples.

Sunsation has only been doing the F4 for a year and has won a few nice accolades for the project. The NT has been out for about 6 years and they have tweaked the boat to be outstanding. Bottom line.... Sunsation runs real fast for twin 700's, somewhat exclusive boat with only a dozen made and some real high tech options. NT has a Cadillac ride in any water, runs respectively fast and has a lot of nice custom touches. Both companies rule the industry with their customer service. The decision would be like arguing about buying a Rolls Royce or a Bentley, either decision would be right for me!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I rode on both the NT 4300 and the F4 back to back at over 90 MPH for about 50 miles each. The F4 was running at 100 with 5 aboard in the open ocean (factory green boat has a few tweaks for the extra MPH, it has run 104). Boat was solid, fast ride. Rode on a 43 NT with triple 650's that has run 100 with a higher X dimension but was set up to run 92-94 the day I was on it. NT has a great layout for poker runs/ large groups and this boat was setup for comfort rather than outright speed. We had 7 aboard for the poker run and the boat didn't seem crowded. The cabin had the a/c going and we were running 50 on 2 motors (center prop had a problem) which is a nice option when you have triples.

Sunsation has only been doing the F4 for a year and has won a few nice accolades for the project. The NT has been out for about 6 years and they have tweaked the boat to be outstanding. Bottom line.... Sunsation runs real fast for twin 700's, somewhat exclusive boat with only a dozen made and some real high tech options. NT has a Cadillac ride in any water, runs respectively fast and has a lot of nice custom touches. Both companies rule the industry with their customer service. The decision would be like arguing about buying a Rolls Royce or a Bentley, either decision would be right for me!

Great comparision! I am sure you couldn't go wrong either way.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Crewed the local F4 with 700's this past Saturday in a local poker run spedning about six hours on it on a windy choppy day. Was very impressed with it's stability although we only scooted up to 88mph since it only has like 6 hours. The owner did not want to run it too hard until both he and the motors gets a few more hours on it. Very impressive across the board. Only minus in my mind would be cockpit size which is a signature of Sunsations. But with that said, I can't ever see myself having more than 3-4 passengers anyway without crampn' the fun in any boat....unless it's all hot women of course....
Old 05-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anyone ever buy the Vorce F4?
Old 05-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MaroonKnighty
What does Vorce refer too? Never heard of any of them called the Vorce F4.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Hull #3, Yellow Miami Boat Show/ Wharf Marina/ Vorce boat was sold to a guy in Michigan. The boat never even got wet due to the fact the Wharf/ Vorce thing fell apart just days after delivery so the eventual owner got a brand new untouched boat.

Mike Vorce was the scammer behind the Wharf Marina implosion.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

I agree whats posted...I had an opportunity to be on Mentlepause's F-4 this last summer at LOTO..Awesome boat, fly's level, fast for it's size, great attention to detail and rides great. Reminds me of a M-5. My 43 Nor-tech is closer to a 45' boat and this being said is larger in the cockpit and cabin and is catered more towards comfort. It will run about 6 mph slower with the same power. This boat reminds me of a Masarati Quatrapole.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Yes
the boat was bought from the bank and it stayed
in Michigan. The guy lives near Detroit that bought
the boat.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered

I looked at the Nortech before I bought a F4. Very nice boat. What sold me on Sunsation was the owners of the company and the personnel attention they spend on you and the boat even years after the purchase.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

.....and that goes such a long way with an investment like these. Can't wait for their next 'tweener version in the 35-38' range. "Rumor" has it, it will either be the 32SS stretched a couple of feet, OR the F4 shrunk a couple of feet. Either way is a win, win design-wise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.