Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sunsation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation-43/)
-   -   Bolster Acuators and Ladders (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation/213077-bolster-acuators-ladders.html)

Tmurch3 07-15-2009 09:28 PM

Bolster Acuators and Ladders

I have a 1999 288 Sunsation and have two problems:

1. My McCleod Electric Acuator (Acculift) has stripped out. McCleod does not have any in stock. Any direction on repairs or replacement would be greatly appreciated.

2. For some reason I do not have a retractable transom ladder like I see on the newer boats. I have getting a lot of *****ing from passengers. Who makes those ladders and where can I get one.

Thanks in advance for all input.

Liquidsation 07-15-2009 10:29 PM

You should be able to order a ladder from Susnsation. Can't help on the seat. Now the ladder, its a pain to install. I paid someone to do mine so not sure of the tricks. Maybe someone with the know how will chime in.

Magic Medicine 07-16-2009 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Liquidsation (Post 2911242)
You should be able to order a ladder from Susnsation. Can't help on the seat. Now the ladder, its a pain to install. I paid someone to do mine so not sure of the tricks. Maybe someone with the know how will chime in.

What he said, you can get the ladder from the factory. I paid one of the guys from the factory to install mine. They are pretty reasonable as well.

Knot 4 Me 07-16-2009 10:38 AM

Factory will supply directions for properly installing ladder. Believe it or not, in 2000 when Mentalpause ordered his Dominator he asked for a ladder and the factory told him they never installed one. So Wayne had to find a ladder and figure out where/how to install them. Mental's Dominator was the first and set the trend for the ladders you see the factory installing today!

Hey, post number 2000!!! Woo hoo!

Tmurch3 07-16-2009 08:41 PM

Update

Originally Posted by Liquidsation (Post 2911242)

Got in touch with Stephanie with McCleod and she fixed me up with a used acuator. The acculift shop is only open part time due to the slow down in the market. She was very helpful in getting me up and running. If you have any needs I would recommend talking to her as she went out of her way to get me what I needed.

As for the ladder I will touch base with Joe at the factory.

Thanks for all the input.

Liquidsation 07-17-2009 06:16 AM

Bump for Stephanie too. Met them at an owners rally one year and they step up just like Sunsation, always willing and go out of their way to help!

Magic Medicine 07-17-2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tmurch3 (Post 2911942)
Got in touch with Stephanie with McCleod and she fixed me up with a used acuator. The acculift shop is only open part time due to the slow down in the market. She was very helpful in getting me up and running. If you have any needs I would recommend talking to her as she went out of her way to get me what I needed.

As for the ladder I will touch base with Joe at the factory.

Thanks for all the input.

If you don't get ahold of Joe try Chris Campbell he'll help ya!