Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sunsation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation-43/)
-   -   F4 or Checkmate 43? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation/283768-f4-checkmate-43-a.html)

altamate 08-29-2012 11:49 AM

F4 or Checkmate 43?

Ok, I'm asking because I don't know. These boats are way out of my $, I haven't even shopped for them. I love them both, but i'll likely never even get a ride in one.

It looks like the new Punisher is MSRP $499,000 with twin 700's.
If I figured it out right, the F4 is $600,000 with 525's. Is this right?

I know Sunsation has been doing big boats longer and that is a big reason to choose it first. I also think most of the time you get what you pay for so... maybe I'm answering my own questions,

But do any of you think that the Checkmate is a bargain?

4bus 08-29-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by altamate (Post 3765052)
Ok, I'm asking because I don't know. These boats are way out of my $, I haven't even shopped for them. I love them both, but i'll likely never even get a ride in one.

It looks like the new Punisher is MSRP $499,000 with twin 700's.
If I figured it out right, the F4 is $600,000 with 525's. Is this right?

I know Sunsation has been doing big boats longer and that is a big reason to choose it first. I also think most of the time you get what you pay for so... maybe I'm answering my own questions,

But do any of you think that the Checkmate is a bargain?

Have you confirmed that is the 700/nxt #6 price or just the base price? Doesn't leave a lot of profit room

I think you would have to see these boats side by side for a fair comparison. I have seen an F4 in person, and the riggin and bling was right up there with the best of the best IMO.

I have only seen the new checpache online, but the cabin looks dated and not impressive IMO. The rest of the boat I thought looked great

That being said, I think there is still room for the new checkmate in the market.

altamate 08-29-2012 12:31 PM

I don't have confirmed prices

It's kind of why I'm asking, I'm hoping to find people with good info, and real world exp. in buying these kind of boats?

The prices I used were from the two different recent write ups by Matt T. In the one Doug Smith talks about 700's, but I'm not sure if that truly makes it base power.

I checked Sunsations web site for base power in the F4.

07DominatorSS 08-29-2012 05:31 PM

Pretty sure base power in an F4 is 700's. They made one with 600's, but only once.

offshorexcursion 08-29-2012 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 4bus (Post 3765055)
Have you confirmed that is the 700/nxt #6 price or just the base price? Doesn't leave a lot of profit room

I think you would have to see these boats side by side for a fair comparison. I have seen an F4 in person, and the riggin and bling was right up there with the best of the best IMO.

I have only seen the new checpache online, but the cabin looks dated and not impressive IMO. The rest of the boat I thought looked great

That being said, I think there is still room for the new checkmate in the market.

Funny you call it a checpache.

So would you call the F4 a Sunerplay (sunsation and powerplay!)

Both are sweet boats.

Knot 4 Me 08-30-2012 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS (Post 3765279)
Pretty sure base power in an F4 is 700's. They made one with 600's, but only once.

F4-001 had 600's/Bravo XR Sport shorties because the 700's/NXT's were not yet available when the boat was completed. It originally was going to be a 525 boat. The only other option would have been 850's/6's and that would have put the boat into stupid money at the time. With the 600's and 5-blade Maximus props, the boat would run 85 - 88 MPH at LOTO depending on conditions. It was faster with Hering's but you needed 2 football fields to plane the boat.

TDSTYG 08-30-2012 03:39 PM

not in same ball park.....

AJ POWERPLAY 09-03-2012 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion (Post 3765522)
Funny you call it a checpache.

So would you call the F4 a Sunerplay (sunsation and powerplay!)

Both are sweet boats.

:lolhit:

As for the original posting, I believe these two boats are aimed at different buyers, I doubt checkmate will be able to pull the speed they want out of that hull. The F4's all look great, and seem to put up good speed numbers. No word on rough water ride compared to similar sized boats, at least from what I've read.

Knot 4 Me 09-04-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ajfisher (Post 3768493)
:lolhit:

As for the original posting, I believe these two boats are aimed at different buyers, I doubt checkmate will be able to pull the speed they want out of that hull. The F4's all look great, and seem to put up good speed numbers. No word on rough water ride compared to similar sized boats, at least from what I've read.

The F-4 ate up anything LOTO could throw at it, including the infamous "leaving the Shootout" water.

Mentalpause 09-05-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 3768668)
The F-4 ate up anything LOTO could throw at it, including the infamous "leaving the Shootout" water.

That was a fun ride after the shoot out, especially the part with Rich's 38 PQ.