Wanted sunsation 32 mcob >

Wanted sunsation 32 mcob

Notices

Wanted sunsation 32 mcob

Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted sunsation 32 mcob

Any sunny owners out there toying with the idea of selling their 32MCOB? I've ready looked at all the sites. Looking for boats not currently listed. Thanks
Old 01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

How about a new one?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Registered

I thought about new, but that comes with a 200k plus price tag. I see sunsation has a promo of 5% above dealer cost, but I don't know what that translates into sales numbers. If I were to buy new, it would be a 32s model with 502s and not many options. If you are a dealer, leave a name and number. Thanks
Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Eddie is the lake of the ozarks dealer. Google Lake Ozark Marine. Great guy to work with.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Reds9050
Any sunny owners out there toying with the idea of selling their 32MCOB? I've ready looked at all the sites. Looking for boats not currently listed. Thanks
You want a 2006+ SS hull and they are scarce. The end of the boom was hitting the boat market in 2007-08 so you might only have a dozen or so SS MCOB's even built. There was a blue/white 6.2 boat out of Illinois on Craigslist for a while, paint and price weren't terrible either. Get a hold of Tom Mager (not sure of his exact screen name on here) but he has a beautiful 32 SS MCOB with 496's that he has mentioned he might sell.

I loved the MCOB but a lot of that boat's appeal is being replaced by performance center consoles (similar speeds, seating ability). They also got expensive in the new hull , what was a 100K boat suddenly was 140K 2 years later. A new one could easily be 150K with a few options even with the 5% over cost promotion. 150K gives you a ton of used boat options.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You want a 2006+ SS hull and they are scarce. The end of the boom was hitting the boat market in 2007-08 so you might only have a dozen or so SS MCOB's even built. There was a blue/white 6.2 boat out of Illinois on Craigslist for a while, paint and price weren't terrible either. Get a hold of Tom Mager (not sure of his exact screen name on here) but he has a beautiful 32 SS MCOB with 496's that he has mentioned he might sell.

I loved the MCOB but a lot of that boat's appeal is being replaced by performance center consoles (similar speeds, seating ability). They also got expensive in the new hull , what was a 100K boat suddenly was 140K 2 years later. A new one could easily be 150K with a few options even with the 5% over cost promotion. 150K gives you a ton of used boat options.
It is going to be interesting to watch the CC market the next 5-6 years. There's many more people leaving the gofast market than entering it. The CC gives you more performance than the day cruisers, but less than the traditional gofast probably due to the wider beams. The driving experience is much more similar to the gofast than the day cruiser. It accommodates more people than you probably want on your boat. And the CC has 6.5+ foot head room for easy access to the head. If you want to overnight, it is not too great for that, but it could be done. Lots of people don't like the outboards, but performance per HP and per $ spent on the outboards is way better than IOs. Plus the outboards should be way cheaper on maintenance and care, and are way less headache than an IO.

All in all it is just another set of trade offs as people try to find out which boat meets all their family needs the best.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
It is going to be interesting to watch the CC market the next 5-6 years. There's many more people leaving the gofast market than entering it. The CC gives you more performance than the day cruisers, but less than the traditional gofast probably due to the wider beams. The driving experience is much more similar to the gofast than the day cruiser. It accommodates more people than you probably want on your boat. And the CC has 6.5+ foot head room for easy access to the head. If you want to overnight, it is not too great for that, but it could be done. Lots of people don't like the outboards, but performance per HP and per $ spent on the outboards is way better than IOs. Plus the outboards should be way cheaper on maintenance and care, and are way less headache than an IO.

All in all it is just another set of trade offs as people try to find out which boat meets all their family needs the best.
Buyers have voted with their wallets being that Nor-tech and Cigarette have sold more CC's than all of their other boat offerings combined in the last 3-4 years. Sunsation probably built more CC's than any of their other offerings in the past 18 months. Long warranties, better economy and easy maintenance have cemented the OB's in the market forever.

I would love to see the go fast builders start building 33-38 ft go fasts with triple/quad outboards like Powerplay did in years past. AT built a 33 w/OB's so it has been done recently. Sunsation could do a 28/32 with a pair of 300's easily.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Registered

This boat might not be for everyone, but I kinda think its cool.....2007 32 MCOB
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/22861

Here is another, but a 36.....
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/20316

Last edited by 07DominatorSS; 01-21-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reds9050
I thought about new, but that comes with a 200k plus price tag. I see sunsation has a promo of 5% above dealer cost, but I don't know what that translates into sales numbers. If I were to buy new, it would be a 32s model with 502s and not many options. If you are a dealer, leave a name and number. Thanks
Ed Champion
573-693-9290