Tow Vehicle to pull newer 32 Sunsation

Notices

Tow Vehicle to pull newer 32 Sunsation

Old 05-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

Too much tail wagging the dog.

We talk/chat/argue about tongue weight, WD vs. WC, airbags, bump stops (Timbrens), surge/EoH, aluminum/steel, GVWR/GCWR, etc. etc....

...when you get in the shlt, meaning, when you get into a really hairy situation where you need to take evasive action; the 1/2 ton truck (SUV/whatever) is not enough overall weight to control all that tail (read: two engines, drives, rigging; all hanging aft of the rear axles of the trailer) trying to wrench the truck all over the road.

It's not capacity. It's not stopping ability.
It's physics.
Ok thanks
Old 05-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a dealership and have towed heavy loads myself with both. The problem with the escalade is the level ride. With the weight of the load you tow, you will blow out the bladders in the shocks, which will cause the compressor to run a lot and burn out. I wouldn't. the Excursion is much better suited for towing. The level ride system costs ALOT to replace. Keep the Excursion and Sell the Escalade.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kept the street rod he left me and am selling the Cadi. Thanks to all for your thoughts. Towed 32' home yesterday!!!