29 sunsation sun pad >

29 sunsation sun pad

Notices

29 sunsation sun pad

Old 07-22-2017, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 29 sunsation sun pad

Bought a 2002 29 sunsation a couple months ago and the factory mooring cover had been leaking for a while. I had a new full custom cover made for it like 3 weeks ago but I'm still getting drips out of both corners when I lift the hatch. I doesn't seem like theres a lot of water in there, but like I said every time I lift the hatch it will leak drips for a few mins. Is there wood in there that will rot like on my 24 Baja or is it all Fiberglass?
Old 07-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I would say yes.

My 2001 32 Dominator has plywood that the hatch pad foam and vinyl attach to. It lays on the fiberglass hatch with bolts going thru the underside to attach it.

John
Old 10-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not sure on that year boat, but I know in 2003 on there is no plywood in the hatch pad. It has either starboard or proboard material as a substrate that the foam is attached to. You might be getting some kind of condensation build up.