Attn: need advice on new 288 >

Attn: need advice on new 288

Notices

Attn: need advice on new 288

Old 05-29-2004, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: need advice on new 288

Alright, splashed our new baby yesterday for the very first time... ran her for about an hour or so,,,, BUT, since I have never ran one before had a question for you guys,,, I know this is the new hull but there seems to be one hell of a rooster tail off the back.... 1/4 trim and the rooster tail is small, 1/3 trim and it's quite a bit bigger, anything over 1/3 on the qauge and its down right huge... Just wondering from the 288 owners if all that is required to run these boats is 1/4 to 1/3 trim,,, my old baja, I could run right up to almost half on the trim gauge no problems.. Tried to contact Joe or Dave at the factory to ask but they are out for the holiday weekend,, ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated...
Old 05-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered

Default Re: Attn: need advice on new 288

Chris
Beautiful boat...sorry we didnt get across the dock to get a look and get some pics yesturday. The girls needed food and by the time we finished you were out on the jetski.

Does the boat feel heavily trimmed when its shooting the roostertail? I would not go by the trim indicator to tell you were the drive is being that its a new boat. You have to feel it, and when the boat is riding were it should be, then you make a note of were the gauge is and use that as a reference. You can adjust the gauge to were you would like it to be at optimum trim if it reads to high or low for your liking.

I have the dial type sensors that mount on the side of the drive for my trim gauge. Last year when I replaced the drive some one turned the gear by hand to see how it worked and now the gauge is "off" (on the high side) compared to where is used to read. So this is an easy fix to say the least.

Anyway...kick azz boat enjoy and be safe.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:40 AM
Registered

I don't throw a tail. Mine will, but if it does its too high. A simple way to run her till you talk with Sunsation is to trim it just before it starts the rooster. For WOT runs.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:41 AM
Registered

I don't throw a tail. Mine will, but if it does its too high. A simple way to run her till you talk with Sunsation is to trim it just before it starts the rooster. For WOT runs.
Registered

Registered

Registered

Registered

Registered

Registered

Quick Reply: Attn: need advice on new 288

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.