New 43 Sunsation F4 - pictures >

New 43 Sunsation F4 - pictures

Notices

New 43 Sunsation F4 - pictures

Old 11-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: New 43 Sunsation F4 - pictures

[QUOTE=DaveSunsation] Maybe I'll have to work for All State so I can make some real money....... :-)

QUOTE]

Wrong company - how cruel! I think I should get a job selling boats. Sounds like a retirement job to me.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cruel.....I was being complementary !! Once the nest is empty, this might seem more like a retirement job, but I doubt it. I'm sure leasure time will be more available, then I'll be able to travel more often to the Ozark's and go boating with my pal !!!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Registered

You are always welcome to come down to the lake - you know you will have a place to stay. It was in the mid 70s today there. Too bad I don't have a boat to run.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Looking good. Can't wait to see some more drawings or something, on what the cockpit/dash/etc. will look like. Is it gonna be similar to the Dominator or different?
Old 11-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Registered

Should have the new dominator dash, as far as speedo in the middle of the fairing etc. Some of the guage layout looks like it will change a bit. The port side front dash changes somewhat working in soome new handgrips for the passenger to hold on with in either side of the glove box. All of it is drawings right now, but at least the drawings look very cool.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Troutly as "I" understand it reading thru all these posts, what you see is what will be used to make the molds from. If you go back to the earlier photos you'll see where "Frankensation" was put together with spare parts from other boats like the Innovators snout etc. while experiemanting with some modifications.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Registered

Reckless is right. The wood you see if just to provide filler to stabilize for putting the parts from the Innovator and Dominator in place. In other words, they are making it look like a Sunsation. Once this model is done, they will make their molds from it. Then they will make the first F4 from the molds. The real boat will have the same lamination schedule, or at least a similar lamination schedule as the current Sun's. What you are seeing in these pictures will eventually end up on the burn pile.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Registered

Ya, I;m starting to get excited about it. This thing originally started targetted to be a 36 1/2 foot boat. I still think that will be the target when they size it back down. It will be interesting to see if they can keep things like the engine compartment for the staggered setup and still get it back down in that range. We know it can be done but there will be other compromises. You could argue that there is room for 2 models between 32 and 43.

BTW, I have also been to the Formula plant with my friend who has a 353. That place is really impressive.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Registered

Agree. Once that project starts folks should tell them to stick with the bigger cockpit. They will listen....
Old 11-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

pictures we want more pictures!

this whole thread is most interesting. the development process of the new boat is just amazing, the whole thread could be condensed to a magazine article.

pictures we want more pictures!

Quick Reply: New 43 Sunsation F4 - pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.