Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sunsation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation-43/)
-   -   Sunsation or Nor-Tech (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sunsation/95140-sunsation-nor-tech.html)

DENNYB 01-26-2005 11:07 PM

Re: Sunsation or Nor-Tech

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
If it came from Denny look out. He would tell you what ever you wanted to hear. The guy was with Baja, then Powerquest, and then Sunsation and gone all within 5 years I believe.

Jassman. congrats on the sale that is probably a huge load off with a new one on the way. :D

PWRQWST- I AM GLAD YOU THINK YOU KNOW MY BOAT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY. It is a shame that you would knock around my Lively hood on this thread. Not cool ..Lets try my involvement since 1979 in the industry.

DENNYB 01-26-2005 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Jeff, congratulations on selling your current 43. :cool: :cool: Are you still looking at that piece of paper? :D

Boomer, it doesn't surprise me that Denny was out quoting prices. At that point they didn't even know how big the boat would be or what options it would have standard etc. IMO, Denny's biggest issue was he never learned to use the 3 words "I DON'T KNOW". And that ended up being a credibility issue, at least with me. So I stayed away from the guy.

I have no idea why Denny left Sunsation, but I've never had that same experience (credibility issues) from Dave, Joe or Wayne at sunsation.

The ironic thing - I heard he is doing something in some capacity with Weinstein at PP, but not sure exactly what.

John,You well know that the plans were to come out with a 396, and that was a sure thing ..Now its a streched 38 Powerplay redesigned by Sunsation specifcations to a 43...We all discussed it back then, priced it and had the standard features and options for a 396.. Thats how Boomer was quoted a figure when he came to the plant to meet with all of us back in March.. You know as well as I, about this project. Who arranged this hull and deck to make it happen for Sunsation and their new profitable venture..You want to stay away? Be my guest. Just do not slam my credibility in this industry which has been my lively hood in which I have been involved with the best in the BOATING buisness and still continue to do so..Sunsation will do well with their new 43 and you will too.Thank-you.

Mentalpause 01-27-2005 06:39 AM

Sorry Denny, I never got any prices quoted in the March timeframe. The first I started talking about prices seriously was mid summer. Other than that, it was throwing numbers around, and certainly nothing you would sign your name to.

That is my point above. The answer back in March was "I don't know."

Boomer 880 01-27-2005 07:30 AM

My issue was with Sunsation after Denny left. Not only did they wait for me to follow-up, but curbed me to the dealer for another price. When I discussed the price Denny had quoted, they (Sunsation) would not reply. Basically, they were trying to get the dealer some $$ on the deal... totalling $40K+ out of my pocket.

I really felt that Sunsation should have honored the deal, as it was done with their input and by their National Sales Manager. This was not Denny trying to screw his company before he left!

Denny has only been 100% up front with me over the years.

Sunsation, however, left me hanging on this deal. I was even interested in working a deal for the first 1075s and make it a show/demo/magazine test boat. Here, Denny was the only one at Sunsation that saw the impact this could have on Sunsations place in the market. I was willing to take a risk on a new, untested hull for the right price.

Bye.

Vyper340 01-27-2005 10:25 AM

Hands down - Nor-Tech. They are in the same league as Outerlimits and this is Sunsations first boat over 32 so it's untested while the Nor-Tech has been there.

Reckless32 01-27-2005 03:35 PM

Everything I've ever heard, discussed, or seen is that Sunsation doesn't do factory direct sales. Strictly thru the dealer network.

At this point pending the results of MP's exciting new venture, it's silly to compare these two boats. Outside of size what's being compared? Performance? Quality? Styling? Offshore durability? Reputation? Price?

It's not a fair comparison with any boat at this point outside of reputation and thre general high expectations of everyone which is commendable in itself. By summer of 2006 once a couple are out there being banged around and optioned different ways, then it would be "almost" fair to start comparing the current high end boats with the new up and comer....Even then it'll somehow come around to what you get for your money, and how high you can or are inclined to jump... :cool:

Mentalpause 01-27-2005 05:39 PM

well said Reckless.

PWRQWST 01-27-2005 06:10 PM

Well Denny am I wrong about your history? I not knocking your lively hood I know you have been around for a long time and that you know alot about the industry but sorry I'm just not a fan. Every time I tried to talk to you when you were at PQ you just did not have time for my wife or myself, I guess we were just not spending enough money at that time. As for when and where this happened 1.Racine Wi. in water show two years in a row, and the Chicago and St Louis shows. So dont get me wrong it is just that if you work for a company that I would be interested in I just wont talk to you.

Jassman 01-27-2005 08:15 PM

Thats where Im from, Racine,WI. Bought my first Powerquest in 96 a 34 Vyper with twin 502 efi's. Small world, Jeff

red thunder 01-27-2005 08:39 PM

Jassman,
That was quite a pissing contest you got into with open 27. You know better than that.