Taking our sport to the "Next Level" >

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Notices

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Nice to see your goin back to your old ways

Mike A ... serious question .. not tryin to be a smart ass cuz I really dont know. Do you consider JCs "business" working because its growing (higher boat counts/more fans in attendance) or because he has control of KW?
I consider it to be working because he has made a living running it and continues to do so. No more complicated that that.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Mike you keep saying OSS will be dead in a year. I know you are not a big fan of OSS but let me give you a news flash, Its alive and running strong. The schedule is almost full with some new exciting locations that are paying to have the show in there towns. Financially the OSS is stable and not showing debt. No one is personally funding it anymore and I believe there will be TV this year. How in the world can you say it has no chance.
Im not looking for an argument, just posting what I know about OSS as a member. Why would so many long term race teams with years of racing with all the organizations continue to race there and believe in board members dissions if it was so bad?
MD
Old 03-04-2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Mike you keep saying OSS will be dead in a year. I know you are not a big fan of OSS but let me give you a news flash, Its alive and running strong. The schedule is almost full with some new exciting locations that are paying to have the show in there towns. Financially the OSS is stable and not showing debt. No one is personally funding it anymore and I believe there will be TV this year. How in the world can you say it has no chance.
Im not looking for an argument, just posting what I know about OSS as a member. Why would so many long term race teams with years of racing with all the organizations continue to race there and believe in board members dissions if it was so bad?
MD
Whatever you say Randy. Good luck and God bless.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Im sorry guys, I shouldnt be posting in your sandbox. Feel free to delete my post if it offends anyone. Im out of here
MD
Old 03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Allweiss
Randy,
On the other hand, if they want unification then they will either need to join up with SBI or pony up the millions of dollars it likely will take to acquire JC's business. Proposing unrealistic reorganization plans, open invitational world championship events in KW, trying to put JC out of business, or trying to get KW away from SBI has no chance of ever succeeding and is a complete waste of time and effort.
Maybe that's the lesson here...(and I agree this has been a cathartic and refreshing thread)...

Maybe the lesson we can all take from Mike is the fact that he has swallowed hard and eaten a little crow. In so doing he has acknowledged that Offshore racing is, at best, a compromise between individual wants and goals and the general good of the sport we all, unquestionably, love.

There are a few constants in this sport and JC is one of the most formidable. In addition we have the (often divisive) varied owner positions and choices which have continuously torn the sport asunder. Perhaps if everybody ate a little crow (rather than crowing), this thread can lead to a sensible meeting of the minds and reasonable compromises among the racers. These compromises could and should be aimed at two simple goals, unity and simplicity (one organization, fewer classes).

I congratulate all of you for the work you have done and the chasms you have begun to close, and ...yes.. I applaud Mike for stepping up like a man and contributing in the open manner he has displayed. One thing, however, it will take much more in the way of compromise for this to even begin to take place. Old feuds have to end...even Mike and Billy... before we can make meaningful improvements. It seems like Mike has opened the door with his attitude on this thread. Maybe it's time that Billy buried his hatchet too.

Unlike Mike, I do not see the days of OSS being numbered so much as I see the very core of all Offshore racing being in serious jeopardy. I am a big believer in the physics of trajectories..... and the graph has a distinctive direction that will require great leverage to prevent it from falling off the table.

T2x
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Maybe that's the lesson here...(and I agree this has been a cathartic and refreshing thread)...

Maybe the lesson we can all take from Mike is the fact that he has swallowed hard and eaten a little crow. In so doing he has acknowledged that Offshore racing is, at best, a compromise between individual wants and goals and the general good of the sport we all, unquestionably, love.

There are a few constants in this sport and JC is one of the most formidable. In addition we have the (often divisive) varied owner positions and choices which have continuously torn the sport asunder. Perhaps if everybody ate a little crow (rather than crowing), this thread can lead to a sensible meeting of the minds and reasonable compromises among the racers. These compromises could and should be aimed at two simple goals, unity and simplicity (one organization, fewer classes).

I congratulate all of you for the work you have done and the chasms you have begun to close, and ...yes.. I applaud Mike for stepping up like a man and contributing in the open manner he has displayed. One thing, however, it will take much more in the way of compromise for this to even begin to take place. Old feuds have to end...even Mike and Billy... before we can make meaningful improvements. It seems like Mike has opened the door with his attitude on this thread. Maybe it's time that Billy buried his hatchet too.

Unlike Mike, I do not see the days of OSS being numbered so much as I see the very core of all Offshore racing being in serious jeopardy. I am a big believer in the physics of trajectories..... and the graph has a distinctive direction that will require great leverage to prevent it from falling off the table.

T2x
Tx2 - Don't think Mike has eaten crow at all... obviuosly he still hits a nerve with you.

Gregg Reichman (from Arizona)
Old 03-15-2007, 07:07 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bidpro
Tx2 - Don't think Mike has eaten crow at all... obviuosly he still hits a nerve with you.

Gregg Reichman (from Arizona)

Ggreg:

Nothing I wrote was meant as a dig at Mike in any way...if you can read.

T2x
Old 03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Ggreg:

Nothing I wrote was meant as a dig at Mike in any way...if you can read.

T2x

Looks like a dig, reads like a dig, sounds like a dig... oh, but OK.... not a dig becuase you say so?.

Reading lessons are needed, but not here.

GR