Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
Taking our sport to the "Next Level" >

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Notices

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Old 02-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of great ideas...if we all work together good things can happen.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bidpro
Wow ... how far we have come when Allweiss can post here... what's next, indoor plumbing...

Miss you Man
Gregg Reichman

What's up Greg?!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

W O W, Mike. Long Time.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
W O W, Mike. Long Time.

Hey Augie! How are Da Boyz?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The racing was never better than when Mike A and Miklos were running the show and then all hell broke loose.Maybe one day it will be that way again,I hope so but for now I think that AMF,OPA as well as a few others are back on the positive track or at least we all hope so.Steve it was good talking to you yesterday.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered

Default My solution

Ultimate Marketing idea for Offshore Racing:

One class: "ALLEY" CAT - Skater makes the bottom, Scism makes the top - no ones feeling are hurt. Brand name is "Randy's Peter" in honor of the Founders of both companies. Each boat will be autographed by Reggie Fountain.

Engines: Mercury 1075 port, Sterling 1100 Starboard (add slight amount of weight to Starboard side to make up difference). Engine Brand name is "Mercurling"

Drives: Triple Drive "system" Mercury #6 Dry Sump port, Arneson Starboard, Weismann in the tunnel. Drive Brand Name is Mercnesonman"

Propellers: Max Pitch 26. The goal is 12,000 RPM so we can sound like Formula One. Any bat that casn't turn a minimum of 11,000 RPM is disqualified.

Every boat is required to have a Rubber Tube aroudn the outside to prevent against any potential stuff.

Markting Director - Howard K. Stern - of Anna Nicole Smith fame.

Head T.V Spokesman - Kato Kalin (of O.J. Simpson fame)

Chief Referree - Augie Pensa

Director of Competition - Steve Miklos (aka Mr. Ugly Hat)

Director of funny accents - Nigel Hook (Nigel, remember Jim Bull will protect me from you)

Each Team, when they Register gets a free instructional manual entitled "How to cheat Brillantly" - author - Bob Bull (Bob - remember, Jim will protect me from you too).

Each team, when they Register, must sign a 100 year contract that they will never talk to, look at or think about any other sanctioning body.

Each team is required to take peace and tranquility classes before competing - Instructor - Michael Allweiss

Inner Peace Director - Billy Mauff

Back up inner peace director - Mike Tomlinson

Back up to the Back up Inner Peace Director - Jerry Sorrentino

THIS STRUCTURE WOULD PULL IT ALL TOGETHER, RIGHT.

Delivered in fun - obviously
Gregg Reichman
Old 02-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Gold Member

Hilarious, lmao!!!! best post in a long time!!!! post # 47
Old 02-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

Hey bidpro thanks for the laugh. I needed it. As far as I'm concerned I don't care what we race who we race or where we race justas long as we can race.

And Smitty stops avoiding us.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Allweiss
1 premiere sanctioning body (purchase, merge or JV with JC as he is the only one who has ever made it work); 1 premiere class in which the sanctioning body owns all 10-15 boats, handpicks and pays the crews; 1 television package for the premier class. Build the entire business around that model.

Then, have as many or as few classes, races, regional organizations everyone wants as the support structure. That is where the future stars come from. Stage big events with everyone there but the weekend culminates with the premiere class racing Sunday afternoon.
Wow, Mike, I'm flattered to have you post on this thread!! I agree it would be nice to have events that were saturday and sunday or even Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. (Chattanooga is like this) With everything leading up to the BIG race on Sunday. But you lost me with the 10-15 boats all owned by the sanctioning body with hand picked crews. I've never heard of this before and I don't see how it would work. The only thing I can think of to relate it to would be the IROC series, which in my opinion isn't that big of an event. I believe you need more diversity. (maybe you were joking about that)

Gregg, Thanks for the Comical interlude!! It helps ease tension.

But I don't want this thread to lose track. It was meant to "work with what we've got, to make better events" to help the sport. Too many good ideas on here, lets keep going!!!

Brad Harrington
[email protected]
Old 02-15-2007, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by FunHome
But you lost me with the 10-15 boats all owned by the sanctioning body with hand picked crews. I've never heard of this before and I don't see how it would work. The only thing I can think of to relate it to would be the IROC series, which in my opinion isn't that big of an event. I believe you need more diversity. (maybe you were joking about that)

Brad Harrington
[email protected]
Nope. I was serious. Based on my experience, the only way to build this sport into a major motorsport business is to make it so the premier class boats cannot up and leave for any reason, whether because the boat owners feel like it, or the head of the sanctioning body is a jerk and makes them mad. Every time the sport has ever gotten close, it has splintered and sunk.

The fact is that there will always be jerks - or leaders who make controversial, wrong, stupid, whatever, decisions that make people mad.

So, reality is that no intelligent business person will EVER invest the kind of capital necessary to make the sport work unless he can totally control every single facet of the premier class product. In other words, boycott or splinter proof it. The only way that can happen is for the money person / entity behind the sanctioning body/league/association to own every one of the top class boats, hire and pay the crews.

That way, the league can go buy television, produce events and secure sponsors with a guarantee of boats. This is not IROC because the boats will be sponsored, or leased to teams with sponsors, etc. and it will not be necessary to use only one manufacturer either. If the business works and becomes profitable then over time the league can sell franchises to outside team owners subject to no-compete agreements which prevent later splits.

With a stable splinter proof premier class, stable scheduled, television and sponsor base, the support series/classes can prosper too.

Anyway, just a thought. What do I know? (Enter all the MA bashers - "yeah, what does he know," "jerk", "idiot", ad nauseum)

Quick Reply: Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.