Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Super Boat International (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/super-boat-international-191/)
-   -   Super Stock Hollywood (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/super-boat-international/161119-super-stock-hollywood.html)

stevequick 06-17-2007 12:20 PM

Super Stock Hollywood

Very unofficial results. DVC broke in lap 2, Wheels and Gary Ballough in Rollin Vengence 1st, D&B Motorsports 2nd , Miccosukee 3rd, DVC 4th.
As promised SS is getting very interesting. Sarasota will be fun with a minimum of 5 and possibly 8 boats in our class.
SQ

Kman 06-17-2007 12:58 PM

Congrats Stock Guys

Any results in other classes?

Viper One 06-17-2007 01:16 PM

Fountain, Instigator and Miccosukee in SV.

Viper One 06-17-2007 01:16 PM

It looked like DVC ran a couple of extra laps on one motor to maybe get 3rd place.

stevequick 06-17-2007 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Viper One (Post 2165936)
It looked like DVC ran a couple of extra laps on one motor to maybe get 3rd place.

Yes Viper, it looks like we have a third. Great to see Mr Ballough on the course. Wheels could not have a better teacher/mentor/throttleguy/whatever. SQ

Daren Schwartz 06-17-2007 07:54 PM

i dont chime in much but not a real sportsmanlike way to take a 3rd place by getting back into the race on 1 motor after breaking 2 laps into the race. Not as if this were the worlds. Kind of takes the fun out of racing. If you break and your in the infield for 15 minutes, stay there, don't come out and limp around the track just to better your position; leaves a sour taste........................

stevequick 06-18-2007 09:31 AM

Daren,
Sportsmanship to our Team is doing everything the rule book allows to win a race and accepting the decision of the Officials after their review. Hopefully you have cooled off enough to realize that Team DVC did exactly what you did to win the Worlds. I will try to take the high road here and suggest that you delete your post. If you choose not to, I will point out to you the irony of your statements. SQ

ScottB 06-18-2007 09:37 AM

Best class in SBI. Great racing guys

bidpro 06-18-2007 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Daren Schwartz (Post 2166191)
i dont chime in much but not a real sportsmanlike way to take a 3rd place by getting back into the race on 1 motor after breaking 2 laps into the race. Not as if this were the worlds. Kind of takes the fun out of racing. If you break and your in the infield for 15 minutes, stay there, don't come out and limp around the track just to better your position; leaves a sour taste........................

As a Racer it does not leave a sour taste in my mouth at all - it is completly heads up - you never know when those points will come in handy, could be the difference between a 2nd place finish for the year and a championship - smart racing Guys.

Gregg Reichman

Daren Schwartz 06-18-2007 08:59 PM

Steve: I too will take the high road and consider deleting my post. However, prior to doing so, I request that you please point out the ironic statements you refer to.