Great Lakes Grand Prix ! >

Great Lakes Grand Prix !

Notices

Great Lakes Grand Prix !

Old 08-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michigan city - details

Can i get some details where in michigan city. I will be heading down sunday morning. Parking, etc. I appreciate it
Dr. Gary
Old 08-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

hey DoD check out www. rockstarsuperboat.com to see the pics and info on it.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGaryDC
Can i get some details where in michigan city. I will be heading down sunday morning. Parking, etc. I appreciate it
Dr. Gary
Just drive to the marina. Follow the signs; they are everywhere.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered

Default Here ya go Bruce...

Thanks to Ryan Beckley and the MOBILEMERCMAN Jim!

17 Boats, 1 Race, 1PM , Great Facility, Nice Town, Nice People, Well Organized, Lots of Spectator Boats Today, Bumpy Water, Cool Water, Nice Weather......Looking Forward to Racing!

Jim for this info:

No BS update.

Entry list:

Aqua Mania
Geico

CMS

WHM

Peppers

Panasonic

Mikkosukee cat
OPA

Hardrock
Rockstar

Davis Motorsports
Rockstar
Global warming 42' fountain ex Predator boat

Don't Blink

National Guard
Crazy Chicken
Simmons Racing

TKO

Traffic light expected hasn't made it yet.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered

hey Coach..with your wealth of knowledge, and contacts how bout some results?
Old 08-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down What a Disappointment!

Lots of spectators, but so few race boats, in so many different classes, that it was simply a big flop. IMO.

I think the "death of offshore" has been accurately reported . . . at least for the SBI.

The only real drama came in the first turn on the first lap, when the new Geiko and Aquamania cats came is so fast that they swung wide in the turn and then ran INSIDE THE SWIMMING BUOYS, coming frightenly close to taking out dozens of swimmers just off the beach! It came close to being VERY bad.

After that, they practically slowed to stop aound that mark. The single engine V's were taking it faster.

Then either Geiko or CMS over-compensated, and ran inside the second turn buoy, effectivelly missing the turn. Then they both broke/quit, and Aquamania ran around at when looked like 70 MPH for the remainder.

LAMO

There was only 1 big cat (WFM), and it was soundly spanked by several Fountains who looked to be running at least 10 - 20MPH faster. I guess there's no need to "race" when you're the only entrant in your class.

Not much fun to watch.

Fans started leaving 40 minutes after the race started.

Sad.

Last edited by ApachePete; 08-09-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:52 PM
JBS
Registered

Default Jbs

I must be a psychic or something
Old 08-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ApachePete
Lots of spectators, but so few race boats, in so many different classes, that it was simply a big flop. IMO.

I think the "death of offshore" has been accurately reported . . . at least for the SBI.

The only real drama came in the first turn on the first lap, when the new Geiko and Aquamania cats came is so fast that they swung wide in the turn and then ran INSIDE THE SWIMMING BUOYS, coming frightenly close to taking out dozens of swimmers just off the beach! It came close to being VERY bad.

After that, they practically slowed to stop aound that mark. The single engine V's were taking it faster.

Then either Geiko or CMS over-compensated, and ran inside the second turn buoy, effectivelly missing the turn. Then they both broke/quit, and Aquamania ran around at when looked like 70 MPH for the remainder.

LAMO

There was only 1 big cat (WFM), and it was soundly spanked by several Fountains who looked to be running at least 10 - 20MPH faster. I guess there's no need to "race" when you're the only entrant in your class.

Not much fun to watch.

Fans started leaving 20 minutes after the race started.

Sad.

Running in a swimming area should have shut the race down immediately. There is absolutely no excuse for that. If you can't make the turn safely and legally stop! I can't imagine what the Coast Guard will have to say after that.

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 08-09-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:53 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Running in a swimming area should have shut the race down immediately. There is absolutely no excuse for that. If you can't make the turn safely and legally stop! I can't imagine what the Coast Guard will have to saying after that.
sounds like whoever set up/designed the course didn't do a very good job.... No matter how fast or wide you run a corner there should never be a concern of going into the spectator fleet or swimming area. If it was that close to the course what happens if the boats had to go around an accident there?

another reason you have to set up and test the course on Saturday, testing isn't just for the boats, it also will tell you issues with the course. It's a joke when "testing" doesn't include a closed and patrolled course.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Racer
Racer

We have a Swim Zone by our Harrison course and the one thing the CG said will cause them to stop event immediately would be a boat entering that zone. They were overly accomendating and professional, but it was absolutely clear that they would shut us down for that. Zero tolerence, as it should be. I hope it doesn't our permit renewal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.