Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keith Colburn Captain of the F/V Wizard Appearance in New York City

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Keith Colburn Captain of the F/V Wizard Appearance in New York City
Super Boat International Racing Series
New York City, New York
September 11th – 13th, 2009

NEW YORK, (September 2, 2009) – The Super Boat International Racing Series (Super Boat International) is excited to join forces in New York City with Keith Colburn, the Captain of the famed fishing vessel (F/V) Wizard. A long-time crab fisherman and Captain in the Bering Sea, Colburn is most recognized from the show “Deadliest Catch” and is also the official spokesperson for the United States Coast Guard’s “Boat Responsibly” initiative.

Super Boat will host two autograph sessions during the Panasonic 19th Annual New York Super Boat Grand Prix. “I’m looking forward to being in New York City and working with Super Boat. They’re a great organization and the sport of offshore racing is very exciting. I had the opportunity to pilot one of the boats at the Sarasota event and let me tell you, they go a lot faster than my 499 ton vessel”, says Colburn.

On Friday September 11th, Colburn will appear from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Hard Rock Café Times Square (1501 Broadway, NYC) for an autograph session. Saturday, Colburn will appear at Liberty Landing Marina (80 Audrey Zapp Drive, NJ) starting at 1:00 p.m. for a two-hour autograph signing.

“Keith is a great guy. We’ve had the opportunity to work together for awhile now and I think all the activities at the Hard Rock and Liberty State Park will be great,” says founder of Super Boat International John Carbonell. This year’s Super Boat Grand Prix coincides with the 400-year anniversary of the Hudson River. Not many activities have closed down the Hudson, but when Superboat closes it on Sunday afternoon for the Grand Prix, spectators and fans should be in for quite a show.

Super Boat works with many organizations and safety departments along the Hudson to ensure an exciting and safe race. Captain Colburn, a spokesman for the Coast Guard, also understands support structure and knows the importance of having a team like the Coast Guard, to call on when the need arises.

Super Boat activities start September 11th with race teams setting up in Liberty State Park, New Jersey. Friday evening, teams will converge on the Hard Rock Cafe at 42nd and Broadway for a racers and fan party. Teams will test on the river Saturday afternoon and race Sunday, September 13th between 11:00 am and 2:00 p.m., with exact start-time to be determined.

For a complete schedule of the weekend’s activities, click on Superboat New York City or visit www. Superboat.com website.

Race fans unable to attend the event can also watch the Panasonic 19th Annual New York Super Boat Grand Prix on CBS Sports. The New York Grand Prix and upcoming races will appear on the Saturday afternoon “CBS Sports Spectacular” line-up this fall. For the CBS Sports Superboat TV programming click here CBSsports.com/superboat.

About Super Boat International*
Founded by John Carbonell 19 years ago, Super Boat International races are scheduled to take place in 9 markets across the country in 2009. The series has attracted many celebrity racers, including Don Johnson, Kurt Russell, Chuck Norris, Bruce Jenner and Jason Priestley. An estimated 20 million race fans have attended Super Boat International races and this number continues to grow as the sport attracts new fans.*Super Boat International is the official national and international sanctioning body for offshore powerboat racing. For more information about the Super Boat International Racing Series, including the complete race schedule, visit*www.Superboat.com.

###
Attached Thumbnails Keith Colburn Captain of the F/V Wizard Appearance in New York City-img_0484.jpg