Spirit Of Qatar Team To Race 29th Annual Key West World Championships >

Spirit Of Qatar Team To Race 29th Annual Key West World Championships

Notices

Spirit Of Qatar Team To Race 29th Annual Key West World Championships

Old 10-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
This is another positive for US Offshore Racing scene. I'm curious to see how the 750/850 matches up with 900+ HP Supercats will there be adjustments to rulebooks to keep some sembelance of parity or will it be three seperate classes? I hope the US will be able to return the favor and field a team for a UIM / Class one event one day.

Heard we may see one of Maritimo's new boats as well? Any word?
marc why not put a set of piston engines in the MTI and run in a race with some of the best in the business. its gotta get a little boring running around with just one other boat in your class. why not compete in a class with alot more competition and really UNIFY offshore to a whole new level. you guys (gieco) got the $$$ and team to put together a competive boat and this would bring a new meaning to a unified WORLD CHAMPION.

just a thought
Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
marc why not put a set of piston engines in the MTI and run in a race with some of the best in the business. its gotta get a little boring running around with just one other boat in your class. why not compete in a class with alot more competition and really UNIFY offshore to a whole new level. you guys (gieco) got the $$$ and team to put together a competive boat and this would bring a new meaning to a unified WORLD CHAMPION.

just a thought

If your dating a Supermodel .......?

Besides, I believe our racing budget would not be condusive to building on the Supercat model. Even with the best inspectors Victory's budget is driving away their competition as I believe ours would in Supercat. Unlimted Offshore is the Class we are happy with and plan on building.. No rules, bring the biggest, fastest, baddest you have and take your shot.

It's what the FANS want see and the promoters are having great success bringing fans to the events because of the Big boats.

My turn:

"Why not" hang some outboards on your 32 Doug Wright raceboat like it's supposed to have and come build on and already great class. Plus, you'll get your shot at a VERY experienced Steve Quick in Throttle up. Think you can hang.

Your friend,
Marc

Last edited by Maximus; 10-19-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:49 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even with the best inspectors Victory's budget is driving away their competition as I believe ours would in Supercat.
Really? You are not even .500 against another turbine this year and you think you could dominate supercat? wow.... I think all those uncontested flags have gone to your head.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
Really? You are not even .500 against another turbine this year and you think you could dominate supercat? wow.... I think all those uncontested flags have gone to your head.
Sean You are the reason OSO is not fun to post on. the post was not about talent or abilites it was about equipment. We have a great relationship with ALL the supercat guys and respect each others abilities. Don't try and turn around my word's.

Bye.

Last edited by Maximus; 10-19-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:25 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Sean You are the reason OSO is not fun to post on. the post was not about talent or abilites it was about equipment. We have a great relationship with ALL the supercat guys and respect each others abilities. Don't try and turn around my word's.

Bye.
Marc, I didn't turn around any of your words. You said you think you could run off all the supercat teams, I disagreed. I am sorry if that hurts your feelings or isn't fun for you.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
Marc, I didn't turn around any of your words. You said you think you could run off all the supercat teams, I disagreed. I am sorry if that hurts your feelings or isn't fun for you.
Thank you for your apology. Hopefully, we will see you in Key West . I always enjoy "Bar Racing" with smart guys that love the sport as much as I do.

Be good and best of luck with Fury I hope the new hull changes find what you guys are looking for and she is as fast as we all want and know she can be.

Marc
Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

If your dating a Supermodel .......?

Besides, I believe our racing budget would not be condusive to building on the Supercat model. Even with the best inspectors Victory's budget is driving away their competition as I believe ours would in Supercat. Unlimted Offshore is the Class we are happy with and plan on building.. No rules, bring the biggest, fastest, baddest you have and take your shot.

It's what the FANS want see and the promoters are having great success bringing fans to the events because of the Big boats.

My turn:

"Why not" hang some outboards on your 32 Doug Wright raceboat like it's supposed to have and come build on and already great class. Plus, you'll get your shot at a VERY experienced Steve Quick in Throttle up. Think you can hang.

Your friend,
Marc
`touche` old friend.

i have more fun in opa's p1, my 32 was built for inboards, plus if i ran a new dw o/b that would be just another boat infront of him and he seems pretty salty about all the DWs now.

next, i would agrue that if you guys moved over to supercat, that alot of teams would "come out of the woodwork" to have a shot of racing agianst you guys. thus creating a more unifed class. i know you guys have raced and beaten some of the best here i the US, including dave scott and JT. but imagine if you guys could bring all the cats together, both in the US and oversees , now that would really leave a mark.

ps. supermodel ? where ?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Thank you for your apology. Hopefully, we will see you in Key West . I always enjoy "Bar Racing" with smart guys that love the sport as much as I do.

Be good and best of luck with Fury I hope the new hull changes find what you guys are looking for and she is as fast as we all want and know she can be.

Marc
It's on its way over. You think we would miss a shot at Qatar?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

We all have no problem with the Unlimited and Turbine guys, At this point its great to see alot of BIG boats coming to KEY WEST for a Big show for the fans , especially in such a down economy. It will be a great show to end out a rather tough year for everyone. Guys lets all have a great KEY WEST!!!

Now we just need to get Reliable there and JBS....

Talked to Steve Curtis late yesterday afternoon, Maritimo is trying to get here. still seems up in the air. We all hope they come. They are a pretty innovative team.

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-20-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered

Can`t wait to be there .... thanks to putting all together !!!