Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Super Boat International (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/super-boat-international-191/)
-   -   Mich City 2013 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/super-boat-international/299924-mich-city-2013-a.html)

bwd 08-07-2013 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by WazzupRacing2 (Post 3971732)
I really don't think the org's have any problem with each other. SBi is a Florida bases org, as are it's teams. Long haul to Michigan City, hats off to the teams that made the trip. OPA is a North east org, with eight of it's own races this year. The teams are struggling to make eight races, nevermind add on a trip to Michigan city. Just my opinion, don't shoot.

Let's not forget the money it cost to run sbi. Even in production, 900 reg, 800 per race, 700 for 2 drivers. Just sayin.

Xtremeracing 08-07-2013 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by bwd (Post 3972858)
Let's not forget the money it cost to run sbi. Even in production, 900 reg, 800 per race, 700 for 2 drivers. Just sayin.

No one ever said boat racing is free or cheap.

F1-00 Racing 08-07-2013 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by bwd (Post 3972858)

Yes B I understand where you are coming from, however in my case(coming out of fla and racing up there) the fuel costs and 2 nights extra hotel made it a wash finiancially vs the entry fees down here

Xtremeracing 08-07-2013 07:57 PM

Brian when u bought ur new boat was it free? When u go to a race is the fuel for ur truck free or ur rooms, meals and ur bar tab free? But everyone thinks its ok for Smitty to try and run an orgin. for free so everyone can race ???? Just saying.

bwd 08-08-2013 05:07 AM

Nothing is free, and that's fine. But with the recent price hikes, and recent restructuring , the winnings going down and the price per crew member going up alot( and that's not just the riding crew) Sbi is no friend of the common man , in my opinion, The production boat count shows it. I'm not anti Sbi, I'm paid up. I've had a great time down south and met great people. nuff said.

Xtremeracing 08-08-2013 07:08 AM

Remember in life you get what you pay for. There are less expensive ways to do everything in life thats why we have choices.

DriverofDonzi 08-08-2013 08:59 AM

Not sure if you know but SBI already signed 3 years deal with Michigan City....last year, this year, and next year......

Chris

2 Trick Rick 08-08-2013 03:57 PM

At this time and for the past many years S.B.I. has been a "Southern" race series with most its members from Florida and the a jointing states.
With this being said it makes it difficult for them to host race up East and pull teams from 15-20hrs away. Same for the OPA races that have been
held down south in the past. It's just difficult to do as a racer and I applaud the teams that do travel.

With that being said I would expect another 7-12 boat turn out for the NYC race IMHO

raynman 08-12-2013 09:29 PM

I think the organizations could draw more boats if they offered a "per race" entry fee. That is to say if someone wanted to do NYC, SBI could collect 1/4 of the yearly fee. If they wanted to do a second SBI race they would pay another 1/4. If they wanted to do a third race they would have to pay a full years fees. Just an example and there may be a hundred reasons why it wouldn't work.

Xtremeracing 08-12-2013 10:24 PM

The equipment fee has always been and still is pro rated per race. They have always done that , but its a good point to bring up for teams that didn't know that.