Looking to connect with race fans >

Looking to connect with race fans

Notices

Looking to connect with race fans

Old 08-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Looking to connect with race fans

Hi all. Wanted to try and connect with some SBI race fans. I'm new to the sport and got racing fever. Looking to find other boat guys/gals to discuss racing and become a student of the sport so to speak. Really enjoyed the last race in Michigan City looking forward to Clearwater. If you watch on Livestream that's where I'll be. Let me hear from ya

________
An idea of the kind of thing I'm looking for in addition to general race discussion

How are National Championship and World Championship titles determined?
How do you pick a propeller on race day?

Old 08-21-2015, 10:01 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Natonal Championship is determined awarded to each class depends on how much each team earns points...if your team earns the highest points in your class...then you won National Championship!
In order to qualify for World Championship, must race at least 3 races before the World Championship. 1st and 2nd race worth single points but final race worth double points so again, it depends on what place you finish in all 3 races to claim world championship.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Registered

Thanks DriverofDonzi
Was trying to find info about the team with the #40 Outerlimits that was at Michigan City. Don't see it on the superboat website.
Also just wondering if there is any particular reason why there are no teams with Cigarette brand boats? Kinda surprised by that
Old 08-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Registered

Ok...overlooked the #40 info on the website or it was updated recently...
Old 08-26-2015, 05:38 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mfarl003
Thanks DriverofDonzi
Was trying to find info about the team with the #40 Outerlimits that was at Michigan City. Don't see it on the superboat website.
Also just wondering if there is any particular reason why there are no teams with Cigarette brand boats? Kinda surprised by that
I used to race an F2 Cigarette when racing was more lucrative 10-15 years ago since then factory class racing has went away......however I am trying to revive it.....see other thread general racing....over the years Cigarette was big in racing Philly raced a Super Vee with Raul Bosch and there was several factory class Cigarette's that raced and a couple were champions......