Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Super Boat International (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/super-boat-international-191/)
-   -   Super Vee Role Call for Cocoa Beach? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/super-boat-international/335468-super-vee-role-call-cocoa-beach.html)

klaatutooyou 03-17-2016 03:44 PM

I love the fact you guys are fighting again .

The svl forum races certainly out weigh the actual on water races .lol

does any one know what the current name or team running the old a class imco phantom boat is ?I lost track .Always liked that boat

F1-00 Racing 03-17-2016 03:53 PM

Mike... no one is fighting, I speak for me only and see a mutual goal that randy and i both share of making our class better.. I only stated my costs and when they tune and tweak my motor, I'll provide him the new info with the sheets to better help him inform his guys.. thats all we can do...

The former IMCO is now known as Wehaulboats.com and is based out of Mystic islands, NJ

Vortec Bandit 03-17-2016 05:01 PM

Doc, when I saw you were mentioned earlier in this thread I hoped you'd chime in. Any interest in coming back for a few this year?

byrideroffshore 03-17-2016 06:47 PM

You guys are on the right track, get the engines in line, I've been through all of it in supercat the last
12 years, cheaper to do it yourself and control it... Stay on it guys...I've been pushing monitoring rpm s back In 2006. Jc welcomed the idea and here we are..you guys are all fighting for the same thing...just pull the rope the same direction. Not tug of war.... We did it in supercat/ superboat. Look at the turn out

777offshore 03-17-2016 07:48 PM

Hey Doc,
Good to see you chime in! Yes, I talked to you about buying your boat back when it looked like I had a significant sponsor along with a driver who was able to invest, to bad that sponsor did not come thru. After that I was able to track down a purpose built race hull that fits into SVL. This was built by Harry Schoell and I did a good bit of testing of the pleasure versions for Challenger Powerboats. I raced one production race for Challenger way back then and did extensive testing at Lake-x for them. Bob and I tested the 31 Bird of Prey Infinity in Islamorada( the same hull as I am building now). Bob agreed with me that this design has serious potential! So, all that to say that when the sponsor fell thru and this hull came available at a great price, I jumped on it. No, I don't have a big budget, but that has never stopped me from running competitive! I am in the process of finishing up some fiberglass work and starting to rig. I really hope I am right and this boat will perform as I expect! We shall see!

As for the person talking about us fighting, I don't get it! I am not interested in stirring the pot or arguing, I just was curious who was planning to race this year! I am friends with Steve Kildahl, Steve Miklos, Frank Sarro and many others and look forward to racing against them again.

Doc, my comment after someone posted that you were going to race was not meant to be negative, I was just asking if he knew something we did not! On that note, do you plan on running this year or are you going to build a bigger boat? I have great respect for how you and Brian are able to run that boat, I would enjoy trying to give you a run for the money! When we talked last , you hinted to a future interest in Super Boat Extreme V. I bet with your connection with Outerlimits, you could give the Fountains a run for there money!

To all: I have no interest in drama, I just hope we have a great turnout in Super V this year! Looking forward to racing as soon as I can! Probably won't be till Marathon for me!

klaatutooyou 03-18-2016 07:15 AM

:kiss: all smiles here.
thanx for info trent

TYPHOON 03-18-2016 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou (Post 4417169)
I love the fact you guys are fighting again .

The svl forum races certainly out weigh the actual on water races .lol

does any one know what the current name or team running the old a class imco phantom boat is ?I lost track .Always liked that boat

Sorry no one is going to bite !!!! Most just want to race. No fight here. !

Xtremeracing 03-19-2016 08:26 AM

The class is working on a direction, and all looking for the samething.

Vortec Bandit 03-19-2016 08:50 AM

It's really about the racers deciding on an engine package. Along with that an actual commitment to race. Showing commitment would show the orgs that the racers in this class are serious. Then the racers could set the engine rules for the class. The orgs want turnout so I don't think they would oppose any decision decided by the class. How bout the new motor was turned down to 5400 rpm. That takes about a minute and costs nothing. Would OPA guys think that's a fair match with their 525.

Xtremeracing 03-19-2016 10:21 AM

There will be no rule changes in SBI this yr. Part of the problem is we keep on changing the rules that's like hitting a moving Target it's happened in the past and none of us were happy we went from a 500 Carb 2 a 500 EFI 2 of 525. We need to try to eliminate that stick with a package we have and build from the platform. There is no reason why the package should have to be changed they're simple available parts 502 block will always be available, and if we're not forced by a manufactory to change what we have we'll be fine.

Like Chris said once the boats start to commit I'm sure down the road small tweaking can be done but we need to avoid major changes that becomes expensive and makes people's equipment obsolete