Getting Ready !!!!

Notices

Getting Ready !!!!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Ready !!!!

It'looks like were done with the NASTY WINTER !!!! ( THANK GOD ) we will be uncovering the Y2K this weekend, motor all freshened up will be in the hull next week. So who is doing what ????

Last edited by Superbabi; 03-21-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yea!!!! Congrats!!

Tomorrow night external steering gets installed, Saturday is first local fun run, finishing my stereo install this weekend, - oh yea, RA is shopping for new swimsuits!

Life is good.....Superboating's good!!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finishing up the install of internal hydraulic steering system. A few minor details to work through there. Change the plugs, replace a bolt in the drive cooler and good to go.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I pulled the winter cover (tarp) off Sunday.
Yesterday she left to the fiberglass guy's shop for a few minor repairs.
When she comes home, I'll start on my to do list. That list is rather long so I won't bore you all.
As is the case every year, I'm shooting to launch the first weekend in May...

Good Thread Gary; I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about in the coming weeks...
Old 03-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Going Snowmobiling Saturday and skiing sunday.
Bottom work on the Avanti and a lil project of my own.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

sprucin' up the drives, mechanically and cosmetically, hanging them saturday, hoping to get the back seat out to be repaired, too....be h2o ready by mid-april/first of may...
Attached Thumbnails Getting Ready !!!!-21.2.jpg  
Old 03-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Registered

We went over to storage the other day to take a peek and make sure she was still well.

I'm going to pull her out in another week or 2 and clean and wax. I need to do a tune up, but I think I'll wait until I run the first tank of gas through so the new plugs don't get washed with the stabilizing agent.

Planning on NGK plugs, some 8.5 MSD wires. Any thoughts on a cap and rotor with brass tips for a 2000 454 mag mpi?

Being computer controlled, is there any sense in checking/setting the timing? What is the stock setting? Pat?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jayhawk,cap and rotor with brass contacts agood idea,all the new caps from merc have them,old ones used aluminum wore out fast made engines lose a little of power,you need to check timing after changing cap-rotor,can be off.You can plug in a timing tool(cheap tool)or better yet plug into scan tool and put it in base mode,you can also check for codes.Rynda makes a nice scan tool that works great for simple checks i think they cost around 400,the timing plug that puts it in base mode 10 bucks or so.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Need a few good days to fit my cabin door project. readjust the valves and do some prop testing. I was able to get a #6 prop adaptor to try some 5 blades. Not warm enough for me until mid May but you never know. When the doors done i will post some picks.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Planning on NGK plugs, some 8.5 MSD wires. Any thoughts on a cap and rotor with brass tips for a 2000 454 mag mpi?

Being computer controlled, is there any sense in checking/setting the timing? What is the stock setting? Pat?
When I replaced my cap, rotor, and wires the last time, I bought Merc stuff mail order. I'll be doing the cap and rotor again this year as I change those every other.
If you like NGK plugs go with the extended tip BPR6FS. I'll probably buy the AC version because they are about 1/2 the $$.
You should check the timing after you change parts. I set mine at 10° BTDC initial. You will need to lock out the cumputer to check and set the timing.

Quick Reply: Getting Ready !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.