Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Superboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat-44/)
-   -   6/14/07 visit to see 24 CC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat/160938-6-14-07-visit-see-24-cc.html)

Ing 06-14-2007 05:25 PM

6/14/07 visit to see 24 CC

Had the opportunity to stop by Superboat and meet John and Rick who were working on the 24 CC IO and two 30Y2K's. That was the first time I’ve ever seen a 30 in person and man is that one sharp boat!

First let me say thank you to John and Rick for taking time out to BS with me. John went out of his way to listen and offer advice on a possible future purchase of a 24 CC OB. John’s also a great guy to just BS with.

Rick, you and I are 100% in agreement with what we’re looking for in layout of a 24 CC OB. John appeared to be in total agreement with the concept of a family performance boat and loved the idea of using the Millenium CC with sitdowns but I think we’ll have to work on him with some of the rigging issues.

Maybe SuperBash can chime in. I was looking at pics of his boat. It appears to me that he has Stainless Marine bracket with Gorilla jack. What set back is the bracket, 8", 12" or 18"? And the setback with jack plate?

Point being, if Bash has a 12" bracket with and additional 4.5" for the jackplate, he’s running (and running well) with 16.5" of setback. I was wondering if the additional 1.5" will make that much of a difference by using a Stainless Marine 18" bracket with platform?

I’d be looking to go with a stock 250 Opti ProXS. John says the 24 is a high 60 mph boat with that engine. As long as there are no porpoise or chine walking issues I don’t care if I lose a little top end in order to go with the 18" bracket platform. Just some food for thought.

Thanks again Rick and John!

CMC 06-14-2007 05:32 PM

What No Pictures Ing ????????????????

Ing 06-14-2007 06:11 PM

Pics

Sorry, didn't want to impose on my first visit. The 24 CC is only a popped hull with stringers presently but John said come back in a couple of weeks to demo ride in it. Can't wait for that.

z.zuperboat 06-15-2007 06:00 AM

If the boats getting a bracket can they close up the well ? That will add lots of room in the back . Sorry Rick

Pat McPherson 06-15-2007 08:10 AM

Rick, you've been holding out on us...
24' CC I/O ???
Is this a Superboat project or a customer's boat?
We want details please...
Small cabin?
Power?

Ing 06-15-2007 02:11 PM

Cc

As I understand John's vision after talking to him. The 24 CC OB will NOT have a STINKING well so it will really open up the stern but I think he's still talking about a cutout so the engine can be trimmed up and a simple bench seat as an option. I'd like to see a flat transom accross with a more elaborate rear lounger and platform/bracket. John suggests hanging the engine off the transom or a small mini bracket but not the integrated platform bracket. He's concerned that too much standoff in addition to the redistribution of weight in the CC will throw off the handling and performance from the way the 24 was designed but being a customs shop John said he would do whatever a customer ordered. This is what I was eluding to with the question about the standoff on Bash's boat.

The current CC in production is a customer ordered IO with very mild power. The rear engine hatch and bulkhead will basically form a full width leaning post from which the operator will drive.

I love the Concepts. Always looking for a used 28'(30") Concept. New prices are too high. The 28'(30") is rigged just like I'd like it. Small cuddy with rear lounger and bolsters.

Ing 06-16-2007 01:54 PM

Cc

That is one nice Concept. Exactly the layout I'm looking for.

CMC 06-25-2007 08:13 PM

I was told on another site that SM will make a bracket/platform of any depth the customer wanted. With that in mind, would it be possible to open up the cockpit of a 24 to provide more room, make a small sun pad on the stern and use a platform that would still allow the motor to be trimed up yet not have too much set back? I think Progression does something similar.

Dave M 06-26-2007 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2165093)
This is my old boat- AWESOME with new upholstery!

http://concepttrader.com/shop/showpr...oduct=64&cat=7

Did you run that on the Potomac? I don't recall ever seeing it.

Ing 06-26-2007 03:30 PM

Cc

Originally Posted by CMC (Post 2176551)
I was told on another site that SM will make a bracket/platform of any depth the customer wanted. With that in mind, would it be possible to open up the cockpit of a 24 to provide more room, make a small sun pad on the stern and use a platform that would still allow the motor to be trimed up yet not have too much set back? I think Progression does something similar.

I agree but I think JC needs more convincing.