Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Superboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat-44/)
-   -   The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat/181049-ultimate-battle-he-bay-between-y2ks.html)

FX10 02-29-2008 05:59 AM

The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's

This is getting exciting! The Turbine is at MRD getting rigged with 1,370 horsepower General Electric Turboshaft T58. And Robs Motor will be here any day for the other Y2K. Both boats might be done around the same time! Robs motor is putting out 1350. Although his motor is running a smaller pully, resulting in 1000Hp. A quick pully change is all thats needed for this to happen. How cool would this be. 2 Y2K's running down the bay at well over 100. I wonder which one would be faster. I'm kinka leaning towards the Turbine.

TeamSaris 02-29-2008 06:12 AM

Turbine-Its lighter,and has that drive.
Although,Id rather have Robs motor over a turbine.

z.zuperboat 02-29-2008 06:25 AM

The turbine mite be lighter but the fuel it needs is not !!

FX10 02-29-2008 07:00 AM

Mike, the Turbine eats around the same amount of fuel as a comparable HP piston motor. If dino only puts in 100 gallons like a standard fuel tank, he will be alittle lighter. But not much. Don't forget about the weight of the additional fuel tanks, foam, glass and wood to hold them in, in the Turbine.

Pat McPherson 02-29-2008 07:02 AM

My money is on the Zuperboat taking them both out...:party-smiley-004:

z.zuperboat 02-29-2008 07:20 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence Pat ! I have to find the time to send the motor to the dyno. The new hatch is almost complete and it looks mean so the boat better back it up.
Rick if the turbine need the same fuel as a big inch motor then Y 4 gas tanks ? Are they planning so new record from NY to florida ?

Big Time 02-29-2008 11:42 AM

Can't wait for the results! Any pics of the engine?

Superbabi 02-29-2008 01:23 PM

:DLove it, great idea, Ripping up the Great South Bay !!!!! The question is, will Dino fire up the rocket, and will Rob turn up the boost ??? :D

z.zuperboat 02-29-2008 01:49 PM

Talk is good !! Dont count out Ritchie ZUL ! They have to beat him first. That boats fast with pump gas and a mild tune !! Im sure now that the boats coming around we can expect a few more MPH from Ritchie !!

Pat McPherson 02-29-2008 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat (Post 2466135)
Talk is good !! Dont count out Ritchie ZUL ! They have to beat him first. That boats fast with pump gas and a mild tune !! Im sure now that the boats coming around we can expect a few more MPH from Ritchie !!

You can take them Zup...:evilb:

That turbine boat is going to take a lot of work/time to get dialed in.
Rob can get good advise from Dave as he has already dialed in with the Konrad.
Zup just needs to dig deep in to his pocket and buy a prop or two.
Zul??