Red Boat is going to Florida >

Red Boat is going to Florida

Notices

Red Boat is going to Florida

Old 02-01-2016, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captain chaos
I think I prefer the all white outboard boat that had the 2.5s and no bathing platform. It appears to have fallen off the earth!
That original y2k with twins is still alive and kicking over in Freeport. Owner does not use it much but it is still around
Old 02-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Registered

Here is a shot of my twin cc with Johns new single CC

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550341[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Red Boat is going to Florida-390.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I talked to John last year about building me a new CC with a single 400R but ending going with my Renegade. Did he rig his with a 350 or 400?
Old 02-04-2016, 06:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Ing
I talked to John last year about building me a new CC with a single 400R but ending going with my Renegade. Did he rig his with a 350 or 400?
The blue boat has a 350. How fast is your Renegade w/300's? One thing that always draw me to Superboat is the bare bones nature of them. Now that I am looking at CC's, I want a little bit more.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Ing
Registered

I agree 100% and asked myself the same question when Coen sent me pics of the new CC last year. If I was going to make a sport utility boat to run one friend around and maybe fish off and have some beers I'd go with the SB but the SB's lack of useful and secure seating (especially an aft bench) for more passengers and lack of a cuddy is why I passed it up. Coen can add a removable aft lounger but I was not too thrilled with what it would look like. My Renegade can seat 5 safely running hard (Poker Runs) and seat 9 if I just want to cruise around. I have no intention of using the cuddy for any type of over nighting but it's nice to get out of the sun or weather and also privacy for a marine head. My Renegade is 5500lbs dry with a 254 gal. fuel capacity. It will run 65 plus at best with light fuel although the previous owner told me much more optimistic numbers above 70. This hull is a straight vee and not the newer stepped hull like the 32CC but it still crushes through the rough. I looked at some very clean older (2012)Renegade 32CC's with the straight vee hull (not the newer stepped) but they are 62mph at best. That's why I went with the 29'. The main thing is the Renegade is built solid with no wood. I don't care how tried and true using any type of wood is in constructing a boat, at the prices these things cost now days I am 100% sure I will never have any type of wood issues. It ultimately came down to either a Renegade or newer Concept and this Renegade happened to be the best deal for me. I love the Verados with digital controls and would never go back to 2-strokes. If I hit the lotto I'd head back to Renegade because I'm so satisfied with how the company has treated me as second owner.
Attached Thumbnails Red Boat is going to Florida-4453574_20130905180049779_1_large.jpg   Red Boat is going to Florida-4453574_20130905180045170_1_large.jpg   Red Boat is going to Florida-4453574_20130905180031725_1_large.jpg  

Red Boat is going to Florida-4453574_20130905180029392_1_large.jpg   Red Boat is going to Florida-31-renegade.jpg  

Last edited by Ing; 02-04-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ing
Its the 350 Merc. Boat came our real nice!
Old 02-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Ing
I agree 100% and asked myself the same question when Coen sent me pics of the new CC last year. If I was going to make a sport utility boat to run one friend around and maybe fish off and have some beers I'd go with the SB but the SB's lack of useful and secure seating (especially an aft bench) for more passengers and lack of a cuddy is why I passed it up. Coen can add a removable aft lounger but I was not too thrilled with what it would look like. My Renegade can seat 5 safely running hard (Poker Runs) and seat 9 if I just want to cruise around. I have no intention of using the cuddy for any type of over nighting but it's nice to get out of the sun or weather and also privacy for a marine head. My Renegade is 5500lbs dry with a 254 gal. fuel capacity. It will run 65 plus at best with light fuel although the previous owner told me much more optimistic numbers above 70. This hull is a straight vee and not the newer stepped hull like the 32CC but it still crushes through the rough. I looked at some very clean older (2012)Renegade 32CC's with the straight vee hull (not the newer stepped) but they are 62mph at best. That's why I went with the 29'. The main thing is the Renegade is built solid with no wood. I don't care how tried and true using any type of wood is in constructing a boat, at the prices these things cost now days I am 100% sure I will never have any type of wood issues. It ultimately came down to either a Renegade or newer Concept and this Renegade happened to be the best deal for me. I love the Verados with digital controls and would never go back to 2-strokes. If I hit the lotto I'd head back to Renegade because I'm so satisfied with how the company has treated me as second owner.

Nice boat! I don't remember seeing that one listed anywhere.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Ing
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
Nice boat! I don't remember seeing that one listed anywhere.
I saw it on Boattrader early last spring for sale in Harrison Twp, MI but at higher price. Early summer I visited Active Thunder, Concept and Renegade while searching in Florida and looked at several boats new and used. I forgot all about it. I just happened to be visiting Sunsation in MI mid summer. The day before I was leaving I found the old ad I had printed out. I called them up and that same day I sea trialed it that afternoon. I knew this was the one. Made an offer a couple days later. The owner was very motivated and we negotiated a fair price. I was lucky.

Last edited by Ing; 02-05-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ing
I saw it on Boattrader early last spring for sale in Harrison Twp, MI but at higher price. Early summer I visited Awesome Thunder, Concept and Renegade while searching in Florida and looked at several boats new and used. I forgot all about it. I just happened to be visiting Sunsation in MI mid summer. The day before I was leaving I found the old ad I had printed out. I called them up and that same day I sea trialed it that afternoon. I knew this was the one. Made an offer a couple days later. The owner was very motivated and we negotiated a fair price. I was lucky.
Great looking boat!